Constant Red X and DVR Not Working
I have FOUR issues with Uverse right now.
1) Every day u-verse crashes on me. A red X appears on my screen which forces me to unplug for ten seconds. When I plug it back in, the system restarts and a gray symbol appears and for ten minutes it appears the system is updating. This has happened without fail at least once a day for the last two weeks.
2) U-verse deleted ALL of my DVR recordings without warning. I did not delete them. One morning, all recordings disappeared from my DVR List.
3) DVR is not functioning properly. I hardly watch live tv so I rely heavily on DVR. Currently, DVR records my programs but after I play the show for about a minute or two, it stops playing and I cannot fast forward or play. Resetting the box does not help.
4) I have called U-verse numerous times throughout the week and I have been unable to reach a person to discuss these significant issues.
Does anyone have any suggestions or is it time to cancel U-Verse and all services I have with ATT. I pay too much money to struggle this way.
ACE - Expert
3 years ago
While it could be something else, the thing that best matches your symptoms is that your DVR is failing. You will need to reach someone within AT&T's support organization to replace your DVR. You would also need to reach someone to cancel, so either way you'll have to endure the long hold times.
The other things it could be:
1) Power issues on your DVR
2) Overheating issues on your DVR (ensure good airflow to and around)