Find the perfect gift for the grad in your life with Graduation gifts that connects us from AT&T.
Daredelvis's profile

Tutor

• 

3 Messages

Saturday, August 27th, 2016 4:27 AM

Charged for returned equipment

I had to cancel my U-verse because AT&T could not get it working after it was out for over a week.  Now they are charging me for not returning equipment that I returned.  This is even after I called and provided the tracking number from UPS. AT&T customer service is absolutely garbage, and now they are trying to extort $170 from me. This a is very shady business practice. 

How do I fix this matter? I'm sick to death of sitting on hold, and not having the problem fixed. 

Contributor

• 

1 Message

5 years ago

Same thing is happening to me. Returned in February got a bill in April, called att and spoke with them lady said they have received all equipment and it was a mistake on their end and the charges will be disputed by next billing cycle. But it wasn’t and I was sent a final notice for it again. I have all my receipts and proof of return. I called att again and they tell me they are trying to locate a box in the return that they “can’t find”. Then I’m told if it’s not paid in 1 week I will be sent to collections over the equipment I have already returned. They are trying to mess up my credit when I’m in the middle of purchasing a house. I’m so upset that no one can help me. This is so wrong to be sent to collections for their mistakes. And on top of it I have to pay for equipment already returned months ago. 

Tutor

• 

3 Messages

5 years ago

Why should people have to go through a specific complaint line.  This seems to be an issue with many customers.  Customer service should be empowered to fix this.  This was not my mistake, it was AT&T's mistake. They need to take the steps to fix the problem. 

It is either a scam to collect fees, or more likely, they won't invest in a system to keep this from happening to people because they face no consequences. 

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

5 years ago

The same thing is happening to me right now.  I returned my modem through UPS on July 24, 2019.  I received a bill for the equipment yesterday.  I lost my receipt with the tracking information.  This is a scam.  It is 2019 and you have to depend on a piece of paper to track something!!  An email should be sent after it is dropped off for confirmation.  The customer service rep told me I could go by the UPS Store and they could look it up for me.  Well, I went by the UPS store yesterday and they told me they could not pull anything up.  Again this is 2019.  I called customer service again yesterday and they are suppose to issue a "ticket" to dispute the charges which I am sure is useless.  I did what I was suppose to do and by error of UPS or ATT, I am going to be stuck with paying $170.00.  I will NEVER repeat NEVER do business with ATT again.

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

5 years ago

The same thing has happened to me.  In my case, the technician took my old equipment with him the day he installed the new equipment.  I was billed two charges of $150.00 each for 1 cheap router.  I called ATT which was the usual nightmare of being transferred about 5 times and being placed on hold.  After about 45 minutes was told that the charges would be delayed until they received my equipment.  Now they are showing back up on my account.  This company is the worst!

7 months ago

I have the same issue. I was mailed a new modem and the box it came in was suppose to be used to mail the old one. I put their packaging stickers on it and took it to the UPS office. I went in and handed the box over two days after getting new modem (first time ever mailing internet related things) and asked if that was all and the guy said yes never giving me a receipt as I hadn't purchased anything I thought it was legit. Get a 170 bill and have been on the phone for months...9 times with them promising me to fix it. I dropped those assclowns and went with Spectrum. If they hit my credit I am taking them to court. I have 1.7 million followers on Instagram and they are all going to see the text of each phone interaction with this corrupt company.

(edited)

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.