Find the perfect gift for the grad in your life with Graduation gifts that connects us from AT&T.
Daredelvis's profile

Tutor

• 

3 Messages

Saturday, August 27th, 2016 4:27 AM

Charged for returned equipment

I had to cancel my U-verse because AT&T could not get it working after it was out for over a week.  Now they are charging me for not returning equipment that I returned.  This is even after I called and provided the tracking number from UPS. AT&T customer service is absolutely garbage, and now they are trying to extort $170 from me. This a is very shady business practice. 

How do I fix this matter? I'm sick to death of sitting on hold, and not having the problem fixed. 

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

7 years ago

Yes, it's so real!
ATT&T is one of the worst companies to deal with.
Just about everyone I know has had problems with ATT&T
This Corp. makes so
many mistakes it's unbelievable. The worst part is I've recovered twice from cancer and this issue has caused me so much stress. ATT&T has me in collections and it's reflecting on my credit report. My credit score has gone down thanks to them. I might have to take them to small claims court if this isn't resolved very soon. My credit means everything to me.
There's no reason for anyone to want to keep their equipment.
ATT&T doesn't realize the damage they've caused clients lives by their constant mistakes..

Contributor

• 

1 Message

6 years ago

The same exact thing has happened to me and I am being extorted for boxes that I returned. I have never missed a payment with att cell phone service in 10 years with them but they dont care. They ruined my credit from a 760 to a 600. This is criminal 

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

6 years ago

Thanks for your comment. It’s very upsetting for At&T Uverse to jeopardize my credit score. After battling cancer twice -means rebuilding my credit due to past medical bills. Finally years latter my credit numbers have improved. Sadly to be charged for equipment that had been returned in its original box to UPS. To add, giving AT&T all confirmed information and paying them $197. as agreed and to be treated as a non-existing great customer. I’ve been an AT&T customer when the 1st cell phones came out. At&T caused so much stress on my health that after so many disappointing customer service calls, my blood pressure when so high I almost got a heart attack. I started sweating extremely and my chest tightened. Afterwards I finally gave up.
To think I never been late after so many years.
My heart goes out to all who’ve endured similar misfortune from AT&T.

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

6 years ago

It is now 2018 and the same thing is happening to me... how do they stay in business? You are exactly right, they don't care and your time means nothing to them, as I am now going on 6 months. I will add that they lie.

Tutor

• 

2 Messages

6 years ago

I have been dealing with this for the last couple months. 

It's 2018 and I sent my equipment back in 2015. I've talked to numerous people and finally found someone to take the charges off.  But she said it wouldn't reflect on my bill for at least five days.  So I call back a week later and they never did it. 

I cannot return equipment twice or go back 3 years to prove it. 

I mean good grief,  i'm trying to pay off a 3 year old bill AND remain a customer with them AND bring them another new AT&T line.  

I'm so sick of dealing with big companies and not getting personal care or attention.  These rich corporations will nickel and dime you to death. 

Tutor

• 

2 Messages

6 years ago

And,  I'm paying off a $500 bill from 3 years ago.  Do you think they could take the equipment fee off? No,  I have to somehow return equipment that I returned THREE YEARS AGO.  

I sent my equipment back in the box provided and threw it in the mail.  Not my fault their system or their employee didn't handle it correctly.  I cannot return it twice! 

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

6 years ago

The same just happened to me, I spoke to AT&T back in mid February of 2017 and made my last payment then, at the time I let them know I was cancelling my service n the advised for me to return the internet modem n wires via UPS n the DirecTV box n remote via the post office, they also let me know that I would receive a credit for the modem since they were charging for that already. I returned both as requested on 7/8/17. Then AT&T sent me a gift card with the amount they had charged me for the equipment and I thought I was good since my final and last bill said $0 balance. Well in July 2018 on my credit report I get a collection notice from AFNI n my credit dropped like over 20 something points, which sux because I was trying to refinance my house under HARP which expires this year! I call AFNI to inquire about the $204 collection and what it is for n they advise it's for AT&T for a final bill, so I call AT&T the 1st week of July to ask about the charges n they say it's for unreturned equipment and they say they never received it, I let them know it was returned back in the summer of 2017 in June or July, they say they have nothing on the returned equipment n that they would Escalade the call n I'll get a call back in 1 week. While I wait for the call I'm able to find my invoice n call AT&T the 2nd wk of July since I NEVER received a call back, I let them know that I do have the invoice for returned equipment from the UPS Store, they again advise they'll escalate the request so they can look into it n they'll call back in 1 wk, N BTW EVERY TIME THE EMPLOYEES ARE RUDE, I let them know that I already went through this n I have not heard back, they say they'll make sure I get a call back. Again I wait for 2 wks n its know the final week of July, I still haven't heard back, by call nor email, but when it came time for my bill they were very quick to take my money. After being on the phone for over 1 hour AS IS Usually the case I speak with a manager who advises they did receive the equipment but it was received 6 months after ending my contract that the charges would stand. I let her know that I was not told to return it in 6 months n that when i spoke to AT&T to make last pymt n cancel the service it was Feb 14, 2017 n the equipment was returned on July 8 2017 which is less than 6 months n that the employee did not advise that I had to return the modem by a certain date n they did not give a time frame to get it in. The Manager stated they would pull the calls and if I was not advised on the time frame to return the equipment I'd get the charges removed since I did return the equipment, she said they'd call in 7-10 days, I let her know how they've been promising to call back in 1 week since the beginning of July but I have not received any calls from them, she said I would this time. Again I Never received a call back so I call again the 2nd week of August 2018 n nothing, the employee I talk to was nicer this time but said there is nothing she can do the charges are listed and have to stay, I ask for a manager n I get put on hold over 10 mins so I finally hang up. I CAN'T BELIEVE I'M HAVUNG TO GO THROUGH ALL THIS AFTER BEING A LOYAL CUSTOMER FOR YEARS N RECOMMENDING AT&T TO MANY FRIENDS THROUGHOUT THE YEARS. THIS IS AN INJUSTICE N THEY ARE TAKING ADVANTAGE OF PEOPLE, I WAS WARNED BY THE POST OFFICE N UPS THAT THEY DO THIS N THANK GOD I KEPT MY INVOICES. WE NEED TO GET THE BBB INVOLVED [Per Guidelines:  Keep it Relevant and Appropriate]., I CAN'T IMAGINE THE # OF PEOPLE THAT JUST PAID AGAIN AFTER TURNING IN THERE EQUIPMENT TO AVOID ALL THIS STRESS N FRUSTRATION!!

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

6 years ago

I had to cancel my U-verse because i had to move this was back on Nov or Dec of 2018.  Now they are charging me for not returning equipment that I returned.  This is even after I called and provided the tracking number from UPS. AT&T customer service,they are trying to extort $170 from me. This a is very shady business practice. I returned the equipment as requested and even had a follow up phone conversation with a customer service rep who confirmed the equipment was received and being processed at their warehouse, he told me to disregard this bill as it was being sent out prior to them locating the equipment however two months later a final bill letter arrived stating the equipment was never received so i called back (customer service) and they said they had "no record" of me ever calling!!!!!!   this is a clear example of what poor business practice looks like and i really dont understand how At&t allows this as i'm learning that there are dozens or even hundreds of customers with this issue. The gov provides tools we can and will use to resolve and prevent this issue from happening.

Adrian ***

[Legal discussions are not permitted per the Guidelines]

[Edited for privacy-This is a public forum. Please do not post personal or unique information such as but not limited to full names, employee ID numbers, email addresses, phone numbers, account numbers, etc]

Scholar

• 

205 Messages

6 years ago

I had the same problem with AT&T phone.  They were not able to get my voice mail to work and when I canceled they tried to charge me an early termination fee.  I got my documents together and contacted the FCC and they contacted AT&T and my early Termination fee was waived.  But remember you will have to send them documents to proof you case.  They have help several people before who were done wrong by AT&T.  It might be worth a shot to see if they can help.

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

5 years ago

AT&T is scamming me now after we returned the equipment via FedEx smartpost in the box they provided. The customer service rep for AT&T kept giving me the incorrect account numbers and information when cancelling my service and they never updated my name form my maiden to married even after i processed  the change multiple times which caused even more confusion to the CS. HUGE SCAM.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.