lcallday's profile

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

Monday, July 16th, 2018 5:08 PM

Closed

Bad power connection to receiver

The Uverse receiver turns on and off when the power cord is moved. I was told that I will be charged $50 to exchange it for one that works correctly. Is this true? 

Expert

• 

15K Messages

6 years ago

Are you sure the power adapter is fully inserted into the back of the receiver?  Are you trying to plug the adapter into a power strip?  Try a different wall socket.

If you are sure the power adapter is defective you will need to call tech support (800-288-2020) for a replacement receiver.  They don't just replace the power cord.  If this is the dvr you will lose all your recordings but not your scheduling.  Alternatively try to find a replacement power adapter on ebay or wherever yourself.  It shouldn't cost $50 for a power adapter.

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

6 years ago

Yes the cords are plugged in firmly. When I wiggle the cord the power will cut on and off so it's either the cord or the receiver connection itself. What I don't get is why ATT want's $50 to exchange my receiver with one that works. I wondered if anyone else was charged to exchange a defective receiver. 

ACE - Expert

• 

27.6K Messages

6 years ago

@lcallday wrote:

Yes the cords are plugged in firmly. When I wiggle the cord the power will cut on and off so it's either the cord or the receiver connection itself. What I don't get is why ATT want's $50 to exchange my receiver with one that works. I wondered if anyone else was charged to exchange a defective receiver. 

They don't charge $50 for a receiver.  The receiver belongs to ATT and they will replace it.  If, for whatever reason, you insist on a truck roll there's a $149 cost for that but there's not upfront cost for the receiver.  Monthly lease fee? Yes but not a fee to replace a bad receiver.

Call them back and just tell them the receiver is not working.  They can send one for a self-install.  You have 21 days to return the defective one.

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

6 years ago

I contacted ATT via chat and they are sending my a replacement receiver at no charge. Lesson learned is to use their chat feature and forget the phone. Thanks for the responses.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.