Available Now: Buy the new iPhone 14, iPhone 14 Pro and iPhone 14 Pro Max from AT&T!
mfoster9's profile

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

Sat, Feb 14, 2015 1:18 AM

ATT Uverse Volume problems with VIP1225 STB

Hello,I have an ATT Uverse with a Motorola VIP1225 STB.  I have the HDMI output of the box going directly into a Soundbar.  When I max the volume of the soundbar....it is an ok volume, but really not what you would expect for cranking up the soundbar.  If I plug a Roko or DVD into the same soundbar, the volume is almost twice as loud.

Yes, I made sure my Uverse volume is maxed out at 25.

My question is, is this a known issue for the VIP1225?  Does the newer Motorola VIP 2500 STB have better quality sound?  I'm hoping it's just an issue of having an old box and that a simple upgrade will work.  

mibrnsurg

Expert

• 

20.4K Messages

8 y مضت

@mfoster9 wrote:

Hello,I have an ATT Uverse with a Motorola VIP1225 STB.  I have the HDMI output of the box going directly into a Soundbar.  When I max the volume of the soundbar....it is an ok volume, but really not what you would expect for cranking up the soundbar.  If I plug a Roko or DVD into the same soundbar, the volume is almost twice as loud.

Yes, I made sure my Uverse volume is maxed out at 25.

My question is, is this a known issue for the VIP1225?  Does the newer Motorola VIP 2500 STB have better quality sound?  I'm hoping it's just an issue of having an old box and that a simple upgrade will work.  

What brand soundbar?  What inputs?  If you mean 2250 DVR, same output. Smiley Surprised

Chris

Please NO SD stretch-o-vision or 480 SD HD Channels
Need Help? PM ATT Uverse Care (all service problems)
ATT Customer Care(all other problems)
Your Results May Vary, In My Humble Opinion
I Call It Like I See It, Simply a U-verse user, nothing more

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

8 y مضت

Hi Chris,

yes, i meant the 2250 DVR.  Sorry for the typo

The soundbar is the Sony CT770 and I'm using the HDMI input.  I should mention that before i used the soundbar, i still noticed low volume going directly into the TV compared to my Roku or DVD player using the exact same HDMI cables.

thanks,

michael

mibrnsurg

Expert

• 

20.4K Messages

8 y مضت

@mfoster9 wrote:

Hi Chris,

yes, i meant the 2250 DVR.  Sorry for the typo

The soundbar is the Sony CT770 and I'm using the HDMI input.  I should mention that before i used the soundbar, i still noticed low volume going directly into the TV compared to my Roku or DVD player using the exact same HDMI cables.

thanks,

michael

Might try going HDMI to the TV directly and optical to the CT770.

Get a good inexpensive Toslink optical cable here:

http://www.monoprice.com/Category?c_id=102&cp_id=10229

Haven't read of any output problems on optical, but might need the CT770 remote to control volume as Uverse remote can't, probably no code.  That way can change volume between inputs. 😉

Chris

aviewer

Expert

• 

10.1K Messages

8 y مضت

Press the enter button (bottom right) one click down to audio language & OK to verify the DVR is set to english.

If that is not it, it would also be interesting to see if there is a  difference between surround & stereo, & optical connection & analog /RCA connection.

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

8 y مضت

Chris, I have tried what you said, HDMI in to the TV and then optical out to the soundbar.  The difference was marginal.  I really have tried every combination I can think of only to come to the conclusion that the same connections with other devices has a louder output.

My question remains, what is the difference between the new VIP2250 box and the old 1225.  Is audio output a known improvement.  I have seen so many posts from others having the same problem that I'm beginning to think that the old boxes just had issues (Granted..many of the posts that I have seen were a result of the user not having the UVerse volume up to 25). 

mibrnsurg

Expert

• 

20.4K Messages

8 y مضت

@mfoster9 wrote:

Chris, I have tried what you said, HDMI in to the TV and then optical out to the soundbar.  The difference was marginal.  I really have tried every combination I can think of only to come to the conclusion that the same connections with other devices has a louder output.

My question remains, what is the difference between the new VIP2250 box and the old 1225.  Is audio output a known improvement.  I have seen so many posts from others having the same problem that I'm beginning to think that the old boxes just had issues (Granted..many of the posts that I have seen were a result of the user not having the UVerse volume up to 25). 

They are exactly the same, I've had a 2250, now have a 1225 and had same volume settings on my TV for both.   On both had volume up to 25. 😉

Chris

Need help?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.