Find the perfect gift for the grad in your life with Graduation gifts that connects us from AT&T.
unhappycust411's profile

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

Wednesday, July 26th, 2017 4:01 PM

Are customer service representatives allowed to LIE to push sales??

There is a promotion being advertised stating that when you subscribe to Direct TV or U-verse as a new customer, you are eligible for an iphone 7 Buy One, Get One.

The advertisement is misleading because it does NOT CLEARLY state that you ALSO need to add 2 new wireless lines to be eligible for this offer.

I called customer service regarding this offer and over the course of 3 days and a total of 6 hours on the phone with 5 different representatives, I was lied to continuously that I was eligible for the promotion even though I was buying the two iphones as upgrades to two of my existing wireless lines.

If it wasn't for the 6th representative on the third day of being on the phone with AT&T U-verse, I would've proceeded with the purchase. She was the only one honest enough to tell me that I was not eligible for this promotion and that her conscious wouldn't allow her to proceed with the transaction knowing that I would end up paying for 2 iphones! Even though she hung up on me when I asked to speak to a supervisor and NEVER called me back!

Specifically there was one customer representative that lied the MOST:

On Friday 7/21/17, a representative by the name of Heidi convinced me to change my wireless family plan to an unlimited one stating that I would be saving A LOT more money than with the current plan I have. She had me on the phone for THREE hours. A day later after everything was processed I received an email with all the changes and it was evident that this plan would cost me at least $100 MORE per month! Luckily I was able to call AT&T and an HONEST customer representative was able to reverse the transaction and I was able to remain on my existing family plan.

She also led me to believe that I was eligible for an iphone BOGO that was being offered through Direct TV and Uverse. Like I mentioned above, she had me on the phone for THREE hours and to my luck she was unable to process the purchase of the two new iphones because her system was down and she couldn't process the payment of the taxes due. She told me she would contact me the following morning and NEVER did. However, 2 days later, on Tuesday 7/26/17, I called U verse again to process the transaction and after another hour on the phone an "honest" representative made it very clear that I was NOT eligible and would have to end up paying the full price for both iphones! However, when I asked to speak to a supervisor, this representative made me wait for 20 minutes and then hung up on me and NEVER called me back! The representative, Heidy should be fired for lying to ATT customers  and the "honest" representative should be disciplined for hanging up on customers and not allowing me the opportunity to speak to a supervisor! My family and I have been customers for about 15 years and are considering canceling our plans and getting another carrier!

No Responses!
Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.