Uniquely for you. Preorder the new Google Pixel 6.
HowAboutThisOne's profile

Teacher

• 

13 Messages

Mon, Feb 20, 2017 4:38 AM

All programs recorded on every Wednesday night at 9:00 PM (Central) pixelate

I had Uverse TV, along with Gigapower Internet service installed about 1 month ago. Have a Pace 5268AC Gateway with 1 DVR and 2 wired receivers, all connected through HPNA (coax) to the gateway. I record multiple programs throughout the week, with most recordings happening during primetime (7-10 pm Central time). Every show plays back flawlessly through the DVR and all receivers, except all the scheduled recordings on Wednesday nights at 9:00 PM. This has happened the first week after the install, and every week since. Only the shows recorded at 9:00 PM on Wednesday nights play back with stuttering and pixelation about every 10 to 15 minutes in the recording, regardless of when or on what device I watch the recording.

It almost seems to me like some kind of maintainance is happening at that time that affects those recordings. If I record any of those affected shows at a different time, then they will play back flawlessly. I am in the Nashville market if that helps.

Voyager

• 

1 Message

5 y ago

I'm in California... same gateway, just installed, DVR is VIP2250. This happens every day from late afternoon to midnight for all channels. Have to reboot the gateway when requested or reboot DVR to correct this problem but re occurs after about an hour.

Teacher

• 

13 Messages

5 y ago

Just an update for Wednesday, February 23, 2017. Again had pixelation on all shows recorded at 9 PM. The only positive this time was the pixelation only occurred within the first 8 minutes of all the 9:00 recordings. Anything after 8 minutes in each of the recordings had no pixelation/stuttering. I still think some sort of maintenance is occurring at this time which affects all recordings at 9:00 PM on Wednesdays. Not sure how I should go about getting this taken care of.

_xyzzy_

Expert

• 

15K Messages

5 y ago

This is a long shot, but while all this is happening in real time call TS and ask them to check your line.  They can do that from their end but it will take your gateway down for a minute or two.  It is conceivable there is some kind of frequency interference at that time although I am not sure why it would only be at a specific day of the week.

Teacher

• 

13 Messages

5 y ago

Thanks for the suggestion, but unfortunately I'm not around when the shows are recording. I rarely ever watch Live TV, only recordings. I wouldn't be around to watch the channel(s) live in order to call TS at that particular time. That is why I posted here in the hopes that AT&T might be able to check their logs or something, since it always seems to happen during a specific time frame on a specific night. Weird.

Need help?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.