Announcements
Don’t miss your chance to add AT&T Protect Advantage. Peace of mind, starting at $15 per month. Open enrollment ends 3/31. See all protection plans.

• 

2 Messages

Fri, Jan 10, 2020 9:11 PM

Wireless Recievers Keep Going Out

My U-Verse wireless receivers keep going down and no one seems to know why. I've had it happen many times (at least once every few days now, if not more often). We've gone through all the standard troubleshooting steps and have had called AT&T tech support 4 times. The phone calls usually resolve the issue but never permanently. We even had a technician come by. He was able to reset the WAP/modem and "updated the firmware" but it happened again 3 days later. Eventually we discovered that moving the ethernet cable connecting to the WAP to a different port on the modem was the most "reliable" way to resolve this issue but it's still not a permanent solution and having to move the cable every few days is not a good experience. Has there ever been an issue like this/is there a way to resolve this for good?

Responses

SuperMario87

Employee

• 

234 Messages

a month ago

It may be the case where the WAP and wireless receiver are to far from each other. You can try to put a longer ethernet cord and bring the WAP closer to the receiver

*I am an AT&T employee, and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.

• 

2 Messages

It usually effects all four of my wireless receivers at once, and they're all resolved together when we move the Ethernet cable to another port. One of the receivers is directly across the hall from the room the WAP is in.