celticoma's profile

Voyager

• 

3 Messages

Thursday, October 17th, 2019 1:28 AM

wireless receiver not working

I have unplugged, rebooted and restarted a wireless receiver that we have in a spare room and it continues to tell me I need to restart receiver. I have spent several hours trying to get it to work and it just will not. The other wireless is fine as is the DVR receiver. I just want someone to send me a new one. Is that possible?

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

ACE - Professor

• 

5.4K Messages

5 years ago

Hogwash.  Electronics don’t wear out like that.  I’ve had my equipment for way longer than what was said.   This assumes there isn’t something out of the ordinary going on like blocking air vents or causing the unit to overheat.  
There are instructions on this forum for how to factory reset the box.  Worth trying as a last resort.  
if intent on replacement, it will be done through the mail with return via local ups store.   

ACE - Expert

• 

27.7K Messages

5 years ago

Call Customer Service at 800-288-2020.  A new receiver can be sent for a self-install.  You have 21 days to send the bad box back.

Voyager

• 

3 Messages

5 years ago

Thanks . I was hoping to avoid calling them - I think we all know why.
But if I must........

ACE - Professor

• 

5.4K Messages

5 years ago

And when the replacement comes and it still doesn't work, what will you do?  Might be better to figure out why the box is not getting a link established.  AT&T may charge for a service call depending on the specific issue.  

Voyager

• 

3 Messages

5 years ago

I appreciate your input gr8sho but I've been through this before. I've
had these wireless receivers for several years. This is not the first
time we've had to replace them. The last service person told me they
are only good for 3-5 years.

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

4 years ago

So, I have two of these wireless sets. Sometimes, they work perfectly. Sometimes, seemingly randomly, they freeze up. I've not found the common denominator.  The wireless controller is a VEN501-AT and at least one of the boxes is brand new. The controller is hard wired to the router, I've tested the cable but may replace it anyway to see if that helps. As an example, two nights ago, one of the sets was pretty much totally unwatchable. Last night I watched the entire world series game 2 with no issues. Tonight, for the first 30 minutes, the picture froze, came back, froze, but since then has been working fine. I thought it might be device interference but I can't figure what. Are there settings I should have configured that I'm unaware of? I can't get into the controller, at least not with the standard ATTAdmin/401!VEN (or even 501!VEN) combo. Thoughts?

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.