For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
K

• 

2 Messages

Monday, April 6th, 2020 10:42 PM

Wireless Cisco ISB7005 Won't Pair After Brief Power Outage

Hi,

Hopefully someone out there can help me with this one. Earlier this afternoon I had a brief, momentary loss of power at my house: everything went off and then back on within two seconds. I'm working from home and didn't think much of it given that the power was still on, plus I had work to do. Fast forward a few hours and I go to turn my TV on in the living room, which is hooked up to the wireless receiver, and I see a message on the screen that I need to pair the reciever to the wireless gateway (AP) again. I followed the instructions and pressed the WPS button for 10 seconds on the WAP and then the OK button on the receiver and saw the message "Connection Success!" display on the TV. The receiver then went to reboot or connect to U-verse, whatever the next step is, and then it showed the U-verse logo on the screen for a few seconds followed by the message "U-verse is not available at this time. Please try again later." If I restart the receiver, which is my only option on the screen, I have to go through the same paring process again! I've done this 6 times tonight already and I'm thinking the power outage fried the wireless receiver to some capacity. Can/do I get a replacement given the circumstances? Any other advice or troubleshooting steps to try? My wired receiver is working just fine and so is my Internet service.

Thank you in advance,

Ted

• 

2 Messages

4 years ago

Haha! Troubleshooting 101 on this one. I power cycled everything: modem, wired receiver, and WAP. I then pressed OK on my remote for the wireless receiver to restart it about 30 seconds after everything else was powering back up and after a couple of minutes everything was working again...thank goodness!

ACE - Professor

• 

5.4K Messages

4 years ago

The WAP box likely was the culprit here. I like to keep all of this hardware on battery backup to avoid these types of issues.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.