Announcements

For the latest on our response to Coronavirus (COVID-19), click here.

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

Mon, Feb 3, 2020 12:22 AM

Wired STB not responding to ANY remote.

My STB has stopped responding to any remote (it's not a remote issue as both of my remotes work fine on my DVR STB). It's only an issue with the wired non-dvr receiver. Until recently resetting the receiver has temporarily fixed the issue, but now it won't even do that. I can watch TV and change channels from the box, but I have no control over anything else. Is there a solution to this, or do I need to replace the STB?

Responses

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

2 months ago

Some additional information. If I hold the remote a few inches away it works, but not instanly. Again. the issue isn't the remote, which works just fine from across the room with my other TV, Could it be the IR receiver in the STB? Regardless, it feels like a receiver issue. How do I replace it?

davemize

ACE - Professor

• 

1.8K Messages

Call 800.288.2020 and report your problem. Sounds like an STB issue, and support should offer to send you a replacement for self install.

*** Hhmmm, let me think about that... ***

Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
AT&T TV – All Your Entertainment In One Spot.  Learn more…