Skip to main content
AT&T Community Forums
Announcements
The epic new Samsung Galaxy S21 5G is available for preorder now!

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Sat, Mar 9, 2019 7:09 AM

Closed

Why does Uverse lose signal every night at 11 pm, and then several times after that?

Every night. Same thing. Last 6 months, since I signed up. 11 pm, signal goes out. Between 11 and 3 it will go out sometimes 5 or 6 times. Can't watch programs. I see this is a common, ongoing problem for years. Why is that? You're at&t for goodness sakes. Is this the best you can do?

Responses

gr8sho

ACE - Professor

• 

2.4K Messages

3 months ago

Hello @sch

Did you see the post right above yours?   What was the result of the investigation?

Award for Community Excellence 2020 Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
JefferMC

ACE - Expert

• 

18.6K Messages

3 months ago

It seems that people can read the post and replies describing the issue, but are unable to read anything about troubleshooting or resolution.

*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

• 

1 Message

2 months ago

@JefferMC and gr8sho

People did read the troubleshooting tips, but the troubleshooting tips do not help with U-Verse freezing every night at the exact same time. Also, it is not different issues for different people. It is the exact same issue (U-Verse freezing) at the exact same time every day, and the U-Verse TV box needs to be restarted. That shows it is AT&T doing something to their system and/or network and not a cable or line issue.

It is similar to the Chromecast I have restarting every morning at 3:00 AM not because of a "line issue", but because Google probably programs the Chromecast to restart every day, for whatever reason. The difference with the Chromecast and AT&T issues, I believe, is AT&T is sending a restart command to the modems/DVRs of all of their customers.

I'm sorry but it cannot be a line issue at the person's house, because it loses signal every day at exactly the same time, (11:00 PM) for me. That means it is AT&T doing it, not because there is an issue with one of my lines.

It is extremely frustrating when there are so many people who have been experiencing this issue for many years and yet all AT&T can say is they are not sure what the problem is (which I do not believe) and it could be a line issue or an issue with the equipment. I read another post about this same issue and that person said they have had this problem for 5 years. That is just gross negligence or AT&T just don't care how their customers are affected by this daily freezing that AT&T themselves cause.

AT&T needs to tell their customers what they do to their system that causes all of their customers to have to restart their modems and/or DVRs, because if anyone is recording anything at that time I would think the recording of that show would not start or continue because the DVR needs to be resarted. When I am watching a show that starts at 11:00 PM, I lose between 5 - 8 minutes of the beginning of the show due to U-Verse freezing at that time every day and that can lead to missing an important part of the plot of the show. 

AT&T shouldn't placate their customers with nonsensical issues with their lines at their houses. They should be telling their customers what the reason is for the daily freezing issue and figure out a way to do what they do every night a different way that doesn't interfere with the service of their customers. 

Ultimately, the customers are paying for a full month of TV access and losing on average about 150 minutes a month of TV access due to the freezing caused by AT&T and not caused by line or equipment issues. I would think some reimbursement should be in order, because AT&T is not performing their part of the agreement.

Seems very dishonest and unethical to do this to the very people that help keep your company running.

gr8sho

ACE - Professor

• 

2.4K Messages

2 months ago

Please start a new thread.  In the meanwhile, whether one chooses to have att verify the service to the gateway is up the customer.  There is no pervasive or widespread issue or conspiracy at 11pm daily.  I regular stream TV at that time with no issues.  

Get started...

Ask a new question