For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
four55's profile

Tutor

• 

8 Messages

Friday, February 16th, 2018 11:18 PM

VIP2250 shuts off video on component outputs.

New VIP2250 shuts off video on component outputs when the tv that is on HDMI is turned off, the audio stays on. The component outputs on the VIP1225 that I just replaced stayed on all the time.

Is there a setting to keep them on?

I use a Slingbox attached to the component outputs but now I have to have the tv turned on to use it. Very inconvenient.

Expert

• 

15K Messages

6 years ago

The video/audio outputs from the receiver are all on when the dvr/receiver is on.  Hard to believe for this kind of a problem, but I suppose the box could be defective.  I'm more inclined to believer something else is going on with your connections or tv settings.  What make and model tv?

Tutor

• 

8 Messages

6 years ago

It could be a defective receiver. Let me give you the whole layout and circumstances.

The TV is a Samsung UN46F6300AF. The HT is a Harman/Kardon AVR146. The HDMI from the stb goes to the HT and then to the tv.

The component outputs from the stb go to the Slingbox M1.

With everything on, I can watch programming on my phone. If I shut the tv off and everything is still on, I will continue to get audio, but the video goes away and shows me an ATT video error page. If I turn the tv back on it comes back.

If I disconnect the HDMI cable from the back of the stb, I get the same hdmi error on the component outputs.

So it looks to me like when the stb doesn't see the hdcp connection to the tv, it definitely shuts off the video on both the hdmi and component outputs. My 1225 receiver didn't have this issue.

Expert

• 

15K Messages

6 years ago

If I shut the tv off and everything is still on, I will continue to get audio, but the video goes away and shows me an ATT video error page.

What am I missing here?  Tv is turned off and it show you an ATT video error?  What is the error and how can the tv show anything if it is off?

Tutor

• 

8 Messages

6 years ago

This is what you missed, the sentence immediately before the part you snipped. "With everything on, I can watch programming on my phone."

I am looking at the component video outputs. The stb is still on, but it turns off the video because it doesn't see the tv anymore.

The error is the ATT help screen saying that there is an hdmi cable problem.

Expert

• 

15K Messages

6 years ago

I was going to suggest experimenting with the hdmi cable removed but looking back you said you already tried that.  Certainly the receiver shouldn't have any problems with only using its component connections.  I don't know what the problem is. 

Have you tried jumping out that AVR146 you have in the mix? Just receiver hdmi to tv and receiver components to the slignbox.

Tutor

• 

8 Messages

6 years ago

I'm not sure why, but taking the ht out of the hdmi path fixed the issue.

Thanks

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.