Announcements
You Could WIN A Year Of Wireless Service – Learn More!

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Thu, Oct 13, 2016 2:45 PM

Uverse Wireless Receiver Setup

Ok, so I have Uverse with 2 wireless receivers on my existing service. I purchased another wireless receiver from an online store to avoid paying another box rental fee.

I connected the box and linked it wirelessly to the access point but a message comes up saying something about the client configuration of the box set does not match. How do I get the new box to match the configuration so that I can use the wireless receiver? The receiver is a Cisco 7005 just like the others I have.

Responses

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

JefferMC

ACE - Expert

• 

16.9K Messages

4 years ago

The limitation on 2 Wireless boxes has been lifted, assuming you have certain models of the WAP.  I do not know the details on the proper WAP model.

If you purchased a Wireless Receiver from someone other than AT&T, then it was very likely not theirs to sell you.  Whether it was or was not, AT&T must activate any receiver on your account or it will not work (as you have found).  All activated receivers (after the first) incur an equipment fee.  You can think of it as a fee for providing video on additional display if you wish, but it matters not what you call it, the fee exists.

So, I'd go with skeeterintexas' recommendation here to contact AT&T (preferably by sending a Private Message to @ATTU-verseCare ) and ask about an additional box.  They can tell you if you have a WAP that will support more than 2 Wireless Receivers or if you have to get a new one, or a wired box and what the upfront and additional monthly fees would be.

And, well, see if you can get your money back on that paperweight you bought online.

Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

ACE - Expert

• 

12.7K Messages

4 years ago

A.  You are limited to 2 wireless boxes.  I believe that there are some exceptions (Gigapower?).

B.  You cannot avoid the lease fee.  You will pay the monthly fee whether you purchased a "hot" box or not.

3.  If you need an additonal box, call CS.  It would have to wired and you will pay the lease fee (see A. & B. above).  

Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.