Mark_AZ's profile

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

Friday, May 10th, 2019 2:03 AM

U-Verse TV signal lost

I have 3 TVs in my residence. 2 of them receive a signal, however, the main TV that's connected to the Pace? IPH 8005 receiver does not receive any signal. I have tried rebooting the gateway as well as the receiver itself a couple of times, but there is still no signal. On the receiver, the green power light is on as well as the blue HD light. The green link light is not on. Any thoughts are much appreciated.

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Expert

• 

15K Messages

5 years ago

Try (a) unplug and re-plug the ethernet cable to make sure their RJ45 plugs snap into place in their sockets, (b) try using a different ethernet port in the gateway, (c)  try another ethernet cable, (d) replace the dvr, i.e., when in doubt replace! Man Happy

Note, if you have to replace the dvr you will lose all your recordings but not your scheduling.

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

5 years ago

So this is what my TV and the receiver look like right now:

IMG_20190509_203025.jpgIMG_20190509_203102.jpg

2 Attachments

Expert

• 

15K Messages

5 years ago

The green link light is not on

Then I don't think the dvr is connected to the gateway (or at least it thinks it's not connected).  Make sure the ethernet cable is plugged into the network port on the dvr and the other end to one of the yellow ethernet ports on the gateway.

By the way it wouldn't hurt to dust off that dvr every once in a while! Man Happy  Who knows how much of that stuff is working its way to the inside of the dvr which can't help with the ventilation.

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

5 years ago

Yep, ethernet cable is plugged into network port of DVR, and on the other end to the yellow ethernet port of the gateway. Still no joy. Could it be that the DVR needs to be replaced?

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

5 years ago

So, I replaced the yellow ethernet cable, and all is good again. Thank you for the pointers.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.