Announcements

For the latest on our response to Coronavirus (COVID-19), click here.

• 

2 Messages

Sat, Jan 11, 2020 9:20 PM

Uverse receiver

My U-verse receiver/recorder is over 10 years old, and I wondered with the newer TV's streaming rates, if there is a newer U-verse box that would improve performance

Responses

ACE - Expert

• 

13.6K Messages

3 months ago

Which receivers and DVR do you currently have?

FOR CURRENT INFORMATION FROM AT&T CONCERNING COVID-19, PLEASE FOLLOW THE LINK IN THE BRIGHT ORANGE BANNER AT THE TOP OF THIS PAGE.

Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

• 

2 Messages

Motorola recorder. Cannot find a model # on the box.

ACE - Expert

• 

13.6K Messages

3 months ago

Motorola VIP2250 is a relatively new DVR. Model number would help.

FOR CURRENT INFORMATION FROM AT&T CONCERNING COVID-19, PLEASE FOLLOW THE LINK IN THE BRIGHT ORANGE BANNER AT THE TOP OF THIS PAGE.

Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
my thoughts

Employee

• 

14.6K Messages

3 months ago

Internet streaming rate has nothing to do with Uverse IPTV bit rate or compression ratio...

Uverse SD is about 2M and HD channels are around 6M (5.7?)... similar to the same bandwidth needed to stream Netflix in these formats.

Uverse does not offer 4K content, which needs about 15-25M per stream....

The Uverse receivers are using Windows CE, the software was sold several years ago by Microsoft to Ericsson which handles the software updates the receivers receive.

Older receivers or newer models using the same software, same bitrate feed.... the hardware may allow faster response to remote request (older gray boxes compared to new black boxes)

*I am an AT&T employee, and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
AT&T TV – All Your Entertainment In One Spot.  Learn more…