For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
left_t's profile

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

Monday, April 26th, 2021 10:10 PM

U-Verse Guide Not Updating

I have been having issues with my U-verse Guide not updating off and on for several months. A technician came out on 4/19 and replaced my gateway and my receiver (DVR). When that didn't resolve the issue, I was told the issue was an "outage" which had nothing to do with my equipment, and they were working on resolving it. The issue was not resolved on 4/22, and I was told it was a software issue that would be fixed, and NEVER HAPPEN AGAIN, within 24 hours. The guide did update on 4/23 and 4/24, but failed on 4/25 and 4/46 (today). Unplugging the receiver 3 times does not resolve the issue. rebooting the gateway does not resolve the issue. I was told today that I needed to replace the receiver again, which makes no sense to me since I was told the issue was not with my equipment.

It is very frustrating to keep paying a lot of money for service that has become very unreliable.

Because the guide doesn't update, I am getting things recorded that I didn't expect and I will soon be unable to watch or record anything because the guide won't have any information.

ACE - Professor

• 

7.7K Messages

3 years ago

That's most peculiar. You've replaced the DVR and the gateway, but the problem persists.

I hate to say this, but I'd just call back and have another tech come. Tell them that you've replaced the DVR and gateway. You can try a hard reboot. This would reinstall the software and lose saved shows, but I suspect this wouldn't solve anything.

Do you know anyone else with U-Verse in your neighborhood or city? Are they also having similar issues?

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

3 years ago

The issue was resolved, for now, without having to do anything else to my equipment. I am not optimistic about the long term results. 

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.