NEJaybird's profile

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

Monday, March 13th, 2017 8:47 PM

Turning DVR on/off via web site

I'm a U-verse TV and Internet customer currently subscribing to the U200 TV package. If I downgrade to U-basic, I have the option to turn the existing DVR off via the website (to save on the $15 equipment fee).

Does this simply disable the DVR's recording functionality, effectively turning it into a plain wired receiver, or does this require a physical exchange for another device?

My most  important question is this: If the DVR receiver stays in place (but is prevented from making further recordings), can existing recordings still be played back or will they be lost/inaccessible?

ACE - Expert

• 

27.6K Messages

7 years ago

The DVR and STBs are two different pieces of equipment.  If you downgrade to U-Basic you will need to turn in the DVR.  If the DVR remains in your home, you will have to pay the monthly lease fee. 

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

7 years ago

Hi,

the answer is incorrect and also missed my question completely. I've had U-basic before and of course I was still able to keep the DVR while I did. I know there's an extra fee to keep it.

My question was about the upgrade/downgrade process on the website: when U-basic is selected, a switch labeled "DVR on/off" appears. I wanted to know what the switch does, exactly, as this is not explained at all. (Remotely disable DVR functionality, or create an order for a tech to come out and physically replace the DVR with a plain set-top box?)

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.