For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
J

• 

1 Message

Tuesday, September 29th, 2020 6:39 PM

replacement receiver not synced to my account

I just received a new Arris VIP2262 receiver from AT&T to replace my old Cisco ISB7500 which had stopped working. I hooked up everything per the directions. All I get after multiple restarts of the receiver and two reboots of my gateway is the following message on the TV screen: set top receiver does not match account settings

The attached image is from my att.com/support page. It lists both new Arris and old Cisco receivers, but the new receiver apparently isn't synced with or provisioned for my account. I'm hoping there's a quick and efficient solution for this situation. 

ACE - Expert

• 

35.1K Messages

4 years ago

Normally there is a "do not attempt to connect and use prior to date/time".  Did you wait until the date/time?  If not, that could be the problem.

Either way, the solution is, unfortunately, to call 800.288.2020.

Former Employee

• 

22.3K Messages

4 years ago

The message means the receiver is now "dirty", will not work on your account until "scrubbed clean" by a tech or replaced with a different unit.

This occurs when either trying to use equipment not assigned to your account such as from ebay, craigslist, family or friend "gifting" etc. Once receiver has the above message the serial number is blocked from being registered to your account, thus the need to have serial number "cleaned" or a different unit that is not assigned to an account.

For equipment received from ATT, the message occurs when attempting to connect the unit before the order "time frame" is available thus blocking the unit. 

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.