• 

5 Messages

Wednesday, November 6th, 2013 5:30 AM

Recordings list is unavailable - wireless receiver only

I have had the following setup for awhile now:

• DVR
  • 1 Wired STB
  • 1 Wireless STB

We have had relatively little issues (wireless receiver could view recordings, etc.) with anything until after a power outage the other night.  When we went to turn on the wireless STB, it indicated a connection issue with the WAP.  After recycling the WAP and the wireless STB, we did get the wireless STB to sync back up.

The problem is that ever since the STB has been sync'd back up, we have been unable to view our recordings from the wireless receiver or pause/rewind live tv.  However, we can still watch tv from this receiver, view scheduled recordings, and even click on account management in the menu and it recognizes our account, etc.

I have tried resetting the WAP (reset button on back) without any change. 

Since then, I have done the following, waiting for each device to fully power up before continuing:

• Unplugged all devices (RG, DVR, WAP, and both STB's)
  • Turned on RG until device fully functional
  • Turned on DVR until device fully functional and DVR accessible
  • Turned on WAP until fully functional
  • Turned on Wireless STB until fully functional
  • Turned on Wired STB until fully functional

Same issue occurs even after power cycling all devices

Items of note:

• If I go to the menu on the DVR and view the THDVR info, system shows number of TV receivers as 3
  • If I go to the menu on the wired STB and view the THDVR info, system shows number of TV receivers as 3
  • If I go to the menu on the wireless STB and view the THDVR info, system shows number of TV receivers as 1

It seems like the wireless receiver has gotten out of sync with my system.

WAP is Cisco

Wireless STB is Cisco ISB7005

Any thoughts on how to get the wireless STB to properly access the DVR again?

Community Support

• 

6.7K Messages

8 years ago

Hi @shedwards1,

A reboot of the entire U-verse system may need to be done. Press and hold the reset button on the modem for 20 seconds. Perform the same on the DVR and remaining boxes by pressing and holding the power button for 10 seconds.

-ATTU-verseCare

Contributor

• 

1 Message

8 years ago

I have 3 tvs and this shows up on them all. I'm not sure what all the things are that the original poster did in his post, but I tried doing the reset by pressing the power, ok and down buttons and that didn't work. Then I went downstairs (and battled four spiders 😩😩) and pressed the reset button for 20 seconds on the box that says 2WIRE on the front (there's that one, a big battery and then one that says netgear so I picked one AND when I simply unplugged it, it didn't help!) so after I reset downstairs I came back up and held down power on the receivers and that also didn't work. One tv showed up with a big red X on it so I tried rebooting again. Both my mom and I only watch one show each and they're both stored on our DVR so we're crying here! (Exaggeration) but I did all of this and nothing worked. Please help!

Contributor

• 

1 Message

7 years ago

How long does it actually have to reset? Mine has been sitting at the 3 lights steady for about 30 minutes.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

6 years ago

I have these exact same issues I’m just not understanding the directions you are giving to reset 

Contributor

• 

1 Message

6 years ago

I tried to factory reset my wireless receive like you advised to get the recordings back. My tv still will not pause or rewind on live TV and my recording still will not show up. I pressed the power, ok, and down button like you said but nothing happened. The lights didn't even flash. We just got our wireless received replaced with an updated one. Do you have any advice for me?

Tutor

• 

3 Messages

6 years ago

The Whole House Reboot worked like a charm!!

ACE - Expert

• 

27.6K Messages

6 years ago

When in doubt, reboot.

Tutor

• 

7 Messages

6 years ago

So if you had power outages that flashed on and off, and it says "recordings list is unavailable", just flip over all of your DVR/cable boxes and look for a code like ISB7000- this is the code for those "other rooms", not your main box. No matter what you were told by the installer, you must find the one in your house that is different from all the "others". Look for anything that has an "H" or other numbers.

Simple solution. Once you find the actual "home unit box" and reset that "one with the different letters and numbers", then it will fix all your problems. Just the 10 second power button reset, no need to do anything else (you can skip powering off the whole system, each tv and WiFi completely).

Just that little home box you didn't know was declared the hub - reset it and you are golden!

As a child of technologically challenged parents and grandparents, you are welcome in advance. 

- Molly 

ACE - Expert

• 

27.6K Messages

6 years ago

The little box is called the DVR.  The other receivers are called Set Top Boxes or STBs for short.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

6 years ago

I just spit out my food, I  started laughing so much on the make new friends.   I sure hope this wireless reboot works.  I'm so irritated  with losing my recordings AGAIN, I needed the laugh. 

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.