K

• 

3 Messages

Wednesday, October 7th, 2020 2:00 PM

New set top box says it "doesn't match the account settings"

Received a replacement DVR that won't work: it says "Account Unavailable" and "This set top box does not match the account settings".  What does it take to get this thing synched up?

ACE - Expert

• 

34.7K Messages

3 years ago

That information would be helpful to an AT&T Support representative, once you get one.  You should probably call 800-288-2020.

Likely either you installed the DVR before the time given on the packaging materials or the new DVR wasn't properly added to your account by the CSR before sending it to you.  At this point, your new DVR is marked in the system as "dirty" and AT&T will have to fix it.

Unless this thread is marked private (which it currently is not), you should not post personal information such as your account number.

(edited)

Teacher

• 

10 Messages

3 years ago

I have the same problem and my replacement DVR was probably shipped at about the same time (it arrived on the 7th) as yours. I spent (and I mean this literally) two hours on the phone trying to straighten things out. After maybe 30 minute with one of the overseas script readers I finally demanded it be kicked upstairs and at least I got someone with English skills -- a nice young woman in Montana I believe. Not that she and "back office" were able to fix my problem. I was promised a technician to fix the problem but that looks like another AT&T screwup -- the tech is now 6.5 hours late for the 11-1 appointment slot and I don't hold out much hope now despite promises over the phone to "support". For the amount of money they charge you'd think they could at least be prompt. Or maybe get things right in the first place.

Teacher

• 

10 Messages

3 years ago

To follow up on my problem: it got worse. Apparently the technician who was supposed to be here between 11AM and 1PM decided that it wasn't convenient to show up at all by 8PM but nobody ever told me anything. Got back to the 'support' people to find that the technician apparently cancelled the appointment on his/her own because it was getting late. Now they tell me that the next promised appointment, and I use the term advisedly, is on Tuesday the 13th. Unless, apparently, the technician decides to not come again.

It is truly amazing that AT&T has a single customer left and I'm certainly on the verge of pulling out after a couple of decades despite all of the (Edited per community guidelines) involved in changing email addresses and the like. Surely one of the cable companies will do better than this.

(edited)

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.