B

• 

4 Messages

Thursday, April 9th, 2020 7:03 PM

Loss of signal error, followed by reset, reboot about every 2 hours. Lose both TV & Internet.

Loss of signal error, followed by reset. Happens about every 2 hrs. Both Broadband and Internet LED's go out, then flash. Eventually go solid green again and system reboots. Takes about 10 mins to recover. You can hear the sound of relays clicking in the Gateway when it drops out. Very frustrating when trying to work at home. Was on-hold for hours, cannot get through.

• 

5 Messages

4 years ago

Sounds like my issue from earlier this week, except it was Uverse TV only. Needed a new box and lost hours of movies on my DVR. Not even a credit offered by AT&T. when all of this COVID stuff is over, may look into going back to the dark side--Xfinity.

• 

4 Messages

I did get through yesterday to a very competent Tech, she did detect errors when running a remote diagnostic on it. A local Tech is out looking at it right now, I'm shocked by the next day on-site customer service. My gateway/modem is 10 years old, they are going to install a new one regardless of what ever else he finds. I will post the outcome.

(edited)

Contributor

• 

6 Messages

4 years ago

This is my issue too. It had been happening since April 1st, and I have not been able to reach anyone at AT&T. Not by phone, chat or a call back. Every few minutes I lose signal. I even tried to trouble shoot the problem by using the support tool in the MyATT app, and it ran a diagnostics and said there was no service issue while the darn message on the tv was literally telling that “Uverse was not available at this time”

Contributor

• 

6 Messages

4 years ago

I have been trying to reach someone since 4/1, and nobody answeres the phone. Tonight I texted the tech that came out a few weeks ago to change out my wireless receiver. I haven’t heard back from the tech. I don’t know what else to do. Today has been crazy with the signal going out every few minutes. It finally reboots, which takes a while, and then 5-6 minutes later it’s out again.

• 

4 Messages

It took about 40 minutes before they answered, but the Tech was very knowledgeable and I have to say one of the best CSR's I've ever talked to. A Tech was onsite within 24hrs, checked the lines, changed the modem and its been running with no issues since the 10th. I never thought I would say this, but outstanding customer service from AT&T.

Contributor

• 

6 Messages

I’m glad your experience was good. In February they sent me a replacement modem. In mid March they sent me what was supposed to be a replacement wireless receiver, but turned out it was another DVR, (I didn’t realize it was another DVR) so the 2 could not link. I was without service for a week before they could get someone out to check the service. He replaced the receiver after realizing what the problem was. Service worked good until April 1st, when it started losing signal every few minutes. I can’t tell you how many reboots I did just to get intermittent service. I was never able to reach anyone at AT&T until Saturday, 4/11. They rushed a tech out the next day, and he said the modem was bad. The same modem that they just sent me in February! He changed it, service was working, but I lost all of my recordings. Monday night the darn signal was lost again. After 18 minutes it rebooted. So far it’s still working, but I have no faith that it will stay that way. I did call customer service and I hung on after the reboot, because I wanted to report the problem, but after 38 minutes I gave up.

• 

4 Messages

Sorry to hear about that. As I said I'm shocked by my recent experience, all of my previous encounters have been like yours. The only reason I have still use them is the other choice is Time Warner cable (Spectrum) which is even worse. I got rid of AT&T DSL at work because it was unreliable. My neighborhood is still on copper, hopefully we will get fiber some day. They are phasing out Uverse anyway, AT&T TV coming soon. Probably won't work any better if they don't update their ancient infrastructure.

• 

5 Messages

@brentm2 there are some good eals to do the streaming, but 24 month committment and frankly, I have enough issues with internet going up and down, which I clearly notice working from home. I finally got my issue resolved, but a new DVR box (3rd box in 24 months) and lost my recordings again, since not in the cloud. I may decide to go with Xfinity, as probably daily I see a problem with one channel and no signal on the wireless box. Crappy, service, but FL seems to have lots of that. It's the internet wilderness.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.