Petruk's profile

Teacher

• 

27 Messages

Wednesday, August 10th, 2011 10:36 PM

Losing Recordable Disk Space

Hello.  I'm having a problem with my recording disk space.  I noticed it last week.  Recordings were disappearing on me.  I checked the disk space, and it was 96% full with just two one hour HD programs and two two hour HD movies.  My first thought was, what the heck is going on.  When I calmed down, I did a reboot of the DVR/STB.  That seemed to fix the problem.  But not so fast.  Last night I checked my disk space again.  This time with just two one hour HD programs, I had only 76% usable space available.  Another reboot brought it back to 98% usable space available.

I haven't contacted customer service yet, because I know the tier one person will want to do a reboot, even though I've done it twice.  It doesn't seem to matter if you tell them you've already done a reboot, they want to do it anyway.  Any ideas what could be the problem? I dread having to get a new box.  I'd have to set up all my series again. 😞

Expert

• 

24.3K Messages

13 years ago

Thanks for the update.  Enjoy your service. Smiley Wink

Scholar

• 

116 Messages

13 years ago

I was having the same problem and this is exactly what I was thinking of doing once we watched whatever was currently on the DVR that we really needed to watch before it got erased.  Once we did the disaster recovery, everything seems to be working fine once again.   However, I was wondering...does anyone have any ideas as to why this was happening?  I still have the original DVR that I got back in 11/09 and this was the 1st time I really had any problems with it (outside of it being too small when my daughter was recording it seemed like every other program).  COuld it be that the DVR is giving us it's 1st signs of going? 

Expert

• 

24.3K Messages

13 years ago

Some people use just the Reset feature every 2-4 weeks; they say it helps.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.