aimeekate's profile

Tutor

• 

10 Messages

Tuesday, March 26th, 2013 10:45 PM

HDMI error/H1005 -hdcp link integrity check failed

I am having problems with my TV signal only when I turn it on for the first time. Blinks on and off, eventually gives me the blue screen with HDMI error/H1005. I have talked to tech support many times and have a new box with same issue. If I unplug the box and reboot it I finally get a picture. Everything is hooked up through my Yamaha receiver.  I have changed HDMI cables out of TV and out of box to receiver. ATT support thinks their equipment is fine. Seems to me if unplugging it makes it reboot and work fine it is their problem. Any suggestions??

Tutor

• 

10 Messages

11 years ago

I connect hdmi from tv to box and it worked fine. However, when I reconnected it to receiver it worked as well. Seems the problem is worse when I first turn everything on after being off. My yamaha receiver is RXV367. 

Expert

• 

10.1K Messages

11 years ago

aimeekate - then it is a situation of catching the timing just right on the power up. If you want to keep the same devices & the same wiring & minimize the occurrence of the failure - Turn on the U-verse STB, the Yamaha receiver and the TV individually. Experiment to find out which order is least prone to failure.

Another, thing to try is to power up the TV or the receiver set on a different input. Then switch to the correct input.

I suppose it is also possible that the out of synch is being caused during the power off.

Maybe try changing the input before powering off. That is do not power up/down while the the HDMI input on the TV and/or receiver is active.

I know this seems like a lot. But, you have a unique and delicate situation. You do not want to make a big change (the wiring) to make it work. So, it is up to you to experiment and find out what works. You can google or contact Samsung & Yamaha to see if they have any fix.

Did I see you posted the Samsung model? Be good if you typed a few words of explanation like - Yes, please look up the HDMI control on my Samsung. Here is the model number.

Expert

• 

10.1K Messages

11 years ago

aimeekate - Re: Also, I am using a RF Harmony 900 remote if that matters.

That is a good thing. When you figure out the right combination of how to power up & which input you cam program it to set appropriate input and insert necessary delay to make it work.

I believe you said earlier this was a pro install. Maybe you need toi have the pro return and tune it up.

Expert

• 

10.1K Messages

11 years ago

aimeekate - RE: UN46B7100
Here is manual. Auto HDMI is called anynet. It starts on page 61. You want to make sure it is not active. It is unlikely that this is your problem, but you need to find out.
http://downloadcenter.samsung.com/content/UM/201104/20110426134600498/BN68-01988H-00L03-110426.pdf

Tutor

• 

10 Messages

11 years ago

Thanks I will give this a try. I did post the model earlier for Samsung and Yamaha. 

Tutor

• 

10 Messages

11 years ago

Well the anynet was on but sadly...that didn't remedy the problem. I will change input when I have a minute.Thanks again for your help. I'm thinking I may just leave my cable box on 24/7. Maybe that will help 🙂

Tutor

• 

10 Messages

11 years ago

After talking with the person who installed it (who really thinks if I bought a bose system from him I'd be fine). They are constantly updating systems to prevent misuse and I am stuck in a bad place...bottom line. So I don't know what to do.I am going to try and contact yamaha and see if they have any suggestions.

Expert

• 

10.1K Messages

11 years ago

aimeekate - Maybe Samsung or Yamaha has a download that will make it work.

Tutor

• 

10 Messages

11 years ago

Thanks again for all your advice. Seems the problem is with my yamaha hdmi input. We solved the problem by running hdmi from tv to cable box and audio with a digital optical cable to receiver

. The only issue now is since everything cant run through receiver I will have to have an additional hdmi to tv for DVR. 

Expert

• 

10.1K Messages

11 years ago

aimeekate - I will stick this on here hoping that you will see it. I appreciate the need to run everything through the Yamaha, Maybe it will help someone else.

I believe I saw a recommend that the way to make your setup work is to turn on the Yamaha first. You said you have a Logitech Harmony remote. So, you can do it with that. You can also do it with the U-verse remote.

Programming - att/ok-977-aux-tv-att-enter.
Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.