aimeekate's profile

Tutor

• 

10 Messages

Tuesday, March 26th, 2013 10:45 PM

HDMI error/H1005 -hdcp link integrity check failed

I am having problems with my TV signal only when I turn it on for the first time. Blinks on and off, eventually gives me the blue screen with HDMI error/H1005. I have talked to tech support many times and have a new box with same issue. If I unplug the box and reboot it I finally get a picture. Everything is hooked up through my Yamaha receiver.  I have changed HDMI cables out of TV and out of box to receiver. ATT support thinks their equipment is fine. Seems to me if unplugging it makes it reboot and work fine it is their problem. Any suggestions??

Tutor

• 

2 Messages

6 years ago

Century link admitted today that they do not have 4K technology to run the boxes correctly

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

6 years ago

I just ordered a HDCP Certified HDMI 2.0 switch from Amazon for just over $30.  We'll see if this resolves the issue...

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

6 years ago

Replacing my generic "eBay procured" HDMI switch to a HDMI 2.0 Certified and a HDCP 2.2 Certified Switch; solved my problem. 

Here is the one that I used:  ROOFULL 3x1 HDMI 2.0 Switch Switcher 4K HDR HDCP 2.2 with IR Remote

Just search in your HDMI link and see if there are any older components that are not HDCP certified.  If so, that's probably the problem.  Good Luck!

Teacher

• 

15 Messages

6 years ago

I certainly beg to differ. If it was the HDMI cord, why does my setup start working just fine, when I reset the Uverse box? I don't touch anything else, just reset the box, and it's back. In my troubleshooting book, If I only take action on one item in a chain, and that fixes the problem, the piece I took action on is the problem. My rcvr seems to be getting hung up like this more and more these days, and it's driving me nuts. I shouldn't have to chose a different (and less convenient) interconnect, just because the Uverse box can't get it's act together.

Tom

ACE - Expert

• 

34.7K Messages

6 years ago

Just because restarting the U-verse box causes it to correct the issue does not necessarily mean that the underlying issue isn't the cable.  The cable could be marginal and causing errors in the signal, enough errors that the U-verse box no longer sees the proper handshakes from the TV during a session.  Or, it could be an issue with the U-verse box.  Or it could be a combination of both.

Tutor

• 

3 Messages

6 years ago

Most likely the U-verse box. If U-verse’s solution to this problem is just
to bypass the HDMI port on the box and hook it up using component cables,
then it’s obviously a problem with their hardware. I have been told by
technicians that the problem is with the U-verse hardware. One technician
told me that the HDMI protocol doesn’t play nice with AT&T’s
anti-piracy/copy prevention system that is built into the STB. After using
12 different (new out of the package) HDMI cables and 3 different STBs
(that U-verse provided), I still constantly receive the same HDMI error.
This has been going on for years now.

This is why cable/satellite television is a dying media and is being
replaced with streaming services. I would get rid of my tv package all
together, but U-verse would force a data cap on me if I did. It’s actually
cheaper to keep my current TV plan and unlimited internet than it is to
just get my internet service through U-verse, pay separate subscription
fees to the streaming services and pay monthly data overages to AT&T. Great
foresight on AT&T’s part though. They saw this “cord cutting” movement
affecting their bottom line...So instead of adapting to it through the use
of innovation (the way Netflix did years ago), they decided to just lock
their existing U-verse TV customers in through the use of data plans and
contracts. Way to cage in your customers AT&T.

ACE - Expert

• 

34.7K Messages

6 years ago

You can purchase unlimited capacity for $30/month, which is less than most of the U-verse TV plans.

AT&T didn't invent HDCP.  The studios caused it to be created and their contracts with AT&T (et al) require its use; it's also in BluRay players and any other consumer device that has an HDMI output.  The software implementation in the AT&T box may be faulty, or it may be the implementation in your TV is faulty.  If you've replaced 12 cables meeting the required standard, then I'd have to agree it's not just the cable.

Yes, using component bypasses the problem because component doesn't have HDCP built into it like HDMI does.  And subjective video quality may be higher or lower with component than HDMI depending on your usage and eyeballs.

Tutor

• 

3 Messages

6 years ago

My whole issue regarding using HDMI instead of component is not because of
picture quality. It is the way that my signal chain has to be formatted.
Unlike component (which only caries a video signal), HDMI carries audio. My
audio receiver has limited I/Os and I have to use HDMI in order to use my
television as a sort of “audio hub” so that all of my media devices will
transmit audio through my audio receiver.

As for the U-verse internet only plan... I was quoted a cost of $60/mo for
U-verse unlimited internet (no phone or tv) from a U-verse CSA through live
chat just two months ago. If it is only $30/mo, why the false information
from the U-verse CSA?

Paying $60/mo for unlimited internet with the additional cost of the
streaming services (i.e. Netflix, Hulu live tv, HBO, Showtime, Starz, etc)
would have been extremely cost prohibitive, and I still would not have had
the same amount of channels/content that I have with my current U-verse TV
package. If it does in fact only cost $30/mo for unlimited internet now,
then it will definitely be worth looking in to. I will contact them today
about the $30/mo price drop. Thank you for that info.

ACE - Expert

• 

34.7K Messages

6 years ago

The $30 /month is to make whatever bandwidth plan you subscribe to have unlimited usage (similar to what have U-verse TV provides).  You still have the basic bandwidth fee (which you'd have anyway, with TV if you also have Internet).  There is often a multi-service "package" discount on Internet if you also have U-verse TV, so... if you had $50 Internet and $100 U-verse TV, you'd probably be paying $130 ($100+$50 - $20 multi-service discount), plus taxes and fees.  If you dropped TV and added the $30 unlimited in place of the $100 U-verse TV, then you'd probably be paying $80 ($50 + $30).  Still a $50 savings.

(Note; Other than the $30 monthly fee for unlimited usage, I'm really just making numbers up in this example).

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

6 years ago

For you it's likely your receiver.  Sounds like you are going directly from receiver to TV...my situation was different as I was pushing everything through a HDMI splitter.  Replacing the splitter worked for me.  

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.