For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
jwjames83's profile

Tutor

• 

8 Messages

Wednesday, January 19th, 2011 10:20 PM

HD Limitations?

Ok, I'm curious - I can't seem to get a straight answer from anyone, or at least the answers seem to change from where I read, how old the posting is on the website, who I talk to, etc.

According to U-Verse Realtime, profile downstream is 32M and Upstream is 5M. What are the actual limitations with HD & SD streams (including recording, etc.) We currently have 3 HD TVs, and 1 SD TV.

Expert

• 

9.4K Messages

13 years ago

@JefferMC wrote:

My understanding is that U-verse realtime cannot determine the WAN or Ingress profiles directly.  They are "guessed at*" if not configured by you from looking at the settings yourself.  I think they're there at all so that you can see on the viewing tab how many of your available streams you're consuming. 

Honestly, I think this causes more confusion than it's worth because this tool usually provides accurate information that it determines empirically and this info deviates from this standard.  It's kind of like getting some information from U-talk and some from a Level 1 Customer Service Rep at the same time and not being able to tell which is which.

(* the most common value known to the developer is hard coded into the program.)

This concern has been brought to me before and I may be starting to agree with it.

In the next version of the program I may remove the "Auto" option from the stream overrides and force the user to set them manually if they want to see their stream count.

Expert

• 

14.5K Messages

13 years ago

SomeJoe, I think that would be a good idea.  Force the user to configure them if they want to see the stream values.

ACE - Expert

• 

35.1K Messages

13 years ago

I hesitated to be critical, but not everyone reads the "readme," and so do not understand this point.

I think if you required the manual setting we'd have less "'splainin' to do".

Mentor

• 

77 Messages

13 years ago

Hi all, new customer here. I'm on the 32/5 profile and the tech who installed said they screwed up my order and gave me 1HD/3SD instead of 3HD/1SD and that he would switch it on his computer and that it should take effect. Well it hasn't and I called support and they said only 1 HD stream is available in my area (Round Rock, TX). Any suggestions of what I can do? I thought if I was on a 32/5 I could have AT LEAST a 2HD/2SD and they are even rolling out 4HD/SD for that profile? Thanks!

Expert

• 

14.5K Messages

13 years ago

What you were told makes no sense on the 32/5 Profile.  I would suggest that you contact David, who is an AT&T employee. He and his group have been successfully getting customer issues resolved that remain unresolved after contacting Technical Support.

Mentor

• 

77 Messages

13 years ago

Thanks fellow Texan texasguy37. I think I just got someone who was lazy/had no idea what they were doing. I called back and was able to get the 3HD/1SD instantly over the phone after a simple reboot. Also I apologize for re-opening a solved thread...now I know what that green checkmark means Smiley Very Happy

Expert

• 

14.5K Messages

13 years ago

That's great.  What are your WAN Profile and Ingress Profile?

Menu --> Options --> System Options --> System information --> System resources

Mentor

• 

77 Messages

13 years ago

WAN Profile: 1 SD / 3 HD; Max Bandwith: 26960400

Ingress Profile: 1 SD / 3 HD; Max Bandwith: 26960400

This is all new to me, is that good? 🙂

Expert

• 

14.5K Messages

13 years ago

If you are on the 32/5 line Profile, you should be on the 4 HD Profile (WAN Profile: 0 SD/4 HD; Ingress Profile: 1 SD/3 HD).  As I understand it, the national rollout of the 4 HD profile is complete.  Was there any mention of the 4 HD profile when you spoke to Technical Support?

Mentor

• 

77 Messages

13 years ago

Nope he just said I should be on the 3 HD/1 SD now after rebooting the box and I was. I will call tomorrow to inquire about the 4 HD/0 SD and report back.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.