Announcements
Don’t miss your chance to add AT&T Protect Advantage. Peace of mind, starting at $15 per month. Open enrollment ends 3/31. See all protection plans.

• 

2 Messages

Sat, Jan 18, 2020 2:42 AM

Does anyone else have to completely reboot the DVR after loss of power?

It happens everytime I lose power. Shouldn't the system recover?

Responses

• 

2 Messages

4 weeks ago

It's a Motorola BGW210-700

ACE - Expert

• 

12.8K Messages

A BGW 210 is a gateway, not a DVR. But yes, I've had to reboot the gateway after a power outage.
Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
gr8sho

ACE - Professor

• 

2K Messages

4 weeks ago

the BGW210 is the att gateway box. The DVR settop box will be a different device. Normally the you are right, the system should recover.

I keep all of my equipment on battery backup to avoid any such problems. Not unique to Uverse, but all such equipment.

Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Contributor

• 

6 Messages

Yes, a UPS would be a great investment that avoids this. But, normally a reboot should not be necessary if power is restored. The gateway should restart /reboot normally after a power interruption.

Teacher

• 

43 Messages

Yes, it should reboot automatically, but it has to go through a bunch of gyrations, which may take a FEW minutes. You have to be patient and let the equipment do its work. Otherwise just do a reboot of your own and be patient. Let things set for a while and it will come back....