Skip to main content
AT&T Community Forums
Announcements
Learn how to Get the iPhone 12 Now!

• 

3 Messages

Sat, Sep 12, 2020 2:07 PM

Cisco isb7105 weak signal

I have a Cisco isb7105 about 65 feet and 1 floor away from the WAP with weak signal. 

I do have an Ethernet switch (managed) at the location.  Can I connect the 7105 to the gateway via Ethernet or do I need a different STB? 

If I can connect it via Ethernet, are there any settings I need to change?

Responses

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

my thoughts

Employee

• 

16.2K Messages

a month ago

Is it the only wireless receiver you have?

If yes, can hardwired the receiver using ethernet connection to the gateway. Unplug the WAP completely, no power for ac or connection to gateway. Factory Reset the receiver, will time out looking for the WAP, then should connect to the gateway on ethernet.... may need to hit the OK button a time or two when prompted.

If have additional wireless receivers, cannot disconnect the WAP, would need to call and request a gen 1 receiver (gray) non wifi, to connect to the gateway. This has a slower response to remote commands. 

Depending on market will likely be a 1200 or 330.

AT&T U-Verse Motorola VIP1200 TV Receiver Wifi Router Box no Remote --NO Adapter

*I am an AT&T employee, and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.

• 

3 Messages

a month ago

Thank you for the response.  I do have a second wireless STB.

I was able to move the WAP to another room and it services both wireless STBs well. 

So it is a win-win. 

Thanks again!

Get started...

Ask a new question