ausgewandert's profile

Mentor

• 

98 Messages

Wednesday, October 20th, 2010 1:31 AM

Cannot record what has already aired...

The TV was on a channel for 2 hours and my wife forgot to schedule a recording for a show in that time frame. We can go back to the beginning of the show by going back on the DVR. When she tries to start record the DVR tells us: Cannot record what has already aired.

Now, I understand this message, but the thing is that we can move backwards the entire 2 hours, watch the missing part, but it doesn't allow recording? To me this sounds like it should be possible since the show is still there.

Am I missing something?

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Expert

• 

14.5K Messages

14 years ago

Once the scheduled end of a program, as shown in the Guide, has passed, a program cannot be recorded.

Expert

• 

23.3K Messages

14 years ago

No you aren't missing anything.  I have run into this issue a few times myself.  When the shows airtime passes it cannot be recorded even though it is still in the buffer of the dvr.  I don't know why this is, but it happens with the ATT dvr. 

Mentor

• 

98 Messages

14 years ago

thank you both for the quick response. just thought I am missing a feature.

Expert

• 

23.3K Messages

14 years ago

Maybe things will change with phase 3 thdvr.

Guru

• 

497 Messages

13 years ago

Sound like the software developer didn't put in a check to the buffer. Either that or it's one of those TiVo patents. 

Scholar

• 

96 Messages

13 years ago

@michail77 wrote:

Sound like the software developer didn't put in a check to the buffer. Either that or it's one of those TiVo patents. 

Dish Network can do this. Comcast can do this. TiVo does not have this patented.

Expert

• 

23.3K Messages

13 years ago

None of those are providers have programming delivered in internet packets that are decoded by an stb.  Just a thought.  Since this is new IPTV there are a few things that need to ironed out.  Just because it can't do it now doesn't mean it won't ever be able to do it.  In fact it could show up at anytime without any announcement, knowing ATT.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.