Announcements
Don’t miss your chance to add AT&T Protect Advantage. Peace of mind, starting at $15 per month. Open enrollment ends 3/31. See all protection plans.

Teacher

• 

16 Messages

Sun, Oct 29, 2017 1:02 AM

Can the Screen Saver be deactivated or the time extended before it activates?

Is there any way to disable this bloody screen saver or extend the amount of "inactive time" before the thing self activates???? It makes me mental!!!!  If the press ok message popped up after 8-12 hours, it wouldn’t bother me as much... but it pops up for me after 2 hours of not touching my remote! Hello.... a movie can last well over 2 hours! I can’t stand watching something and then the thing pauses and up pops the screen saver because my remote has been inactive for 2 hours or even less some times!!! This is completely uncalled for! Why is this not a feature that we could deactivate or at least be able to EXTEND the amount of time before it pops up? When I and my family leave the house, we keep The TV on for our Dogs for background noise... this keeps them From raising a ton of noise and disturbing my neighbor’s... I have had animal control called because of my dogs barking like mad... if I get fined for noise disturbances, I'm sending the bill to AT&T!!!

Responses

_xyzzy_

ACE - Expert

• 

15K Messages

2 years ago

@dinglesby

I do not thing they go off when the screen saver comes on.

Huh?  A channel is a channel.  There is no way for the the code that kicks in the screen saver to know or ever care what channel you are watching or listening to.  If the audio goes of for one channel it will go off for all channels no matter which one you choose.

This is a public forum and I am a customer just like you. Click "Like" if you feel this post is helpful and "Accept as Solution" if it solves your problem.

Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Tutor

• 

3 Messages

1 year ago

The nature scenes are distracting and annoying, but now there are ads intermingled. If there's no way to deactivate or opt out, I'm cancelling. They're charging too much to require us to deal with this crap.

ACE - Expert

• 

12.8K Messages

1 year ago

Ads?  I haven't seen any ads.

Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Teacher

• 

16 Messages

1 year ago

There are no ads on the AT&T U-verse screen saver... not sure what you are listening to and or watching... the only thing that screen saver does is change images every couple of minutes ... it certainly doesn’t display any type of "ad"...