jswee11a's profile

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

Saturday, May 19th, 2018 5:57 AM

Watch Uverse on my Windows 10 laptop?

Really! I cannot watch Uverse on my Windows 10 laptop?  I can use my ipad / iPhone but not windows why?  Why is the uverse app available only to be installed and state that it is retired.  Really?  can you update it ATT or do you have a web site where I can make a connection and watch live TV?

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

ACE - Professor

• 

5.4K Messages

6 years ago

Pin the websites of your favorite channels to start menu and use your uverse credentials to authenticate. You'll have access to more on demand content, and in several cases access to more live programming, especially in sports.

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

6 years ago

When I try to watch I get "browser is not supported" and instructions to use Chrome which I cannot install on my PC and still be able to connect to my work Why is no other browser supported on Windows? I can use Edge, IE, Firefox and Opera but not Chrome.

ACE - Expert

• 

27.7K Messages

6 years ago

@cdwise  See this thread.

You mistakenly looked at the website for the new AT&TWatchTV streaming service for wireless accounts.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

6 years ago

Why doesn't AT&T just release a new app for Windows 10?  It's ridiculous to release versions for IOS and Android, and not do one for Win10.  I've been told on several chat sessions with AT&T techs that it is being worked on, but no one will give me an estimated date on when it might be released.  I suspect that means that they are probably not really working on it.

Expert

• 

15K Messages

6 years ago

@snoopy6428 said:

Why doesn't AT&T just release a new app for Windows 10?

I guess you think windowz is special and the center of the computer universe.   These days windowz isn't so special (IMO it never was) so if att supports one OS they need to support all the other popular OSs as well, Mac and various flavors of Linux, just to to name a few.  No one is going to give you an estimated date because it will never be done and that's because (a) it's a waste or resources and money, (b) only one (minor - don't quote me statistics, I'm not interested) group of users could use it at the expense of all others, and (c) there's a more general and much simpler way to support all users on all platforms, i.e., do it as a website.  Hmm, we used have a website for managing the dvr in the past (never watching).  A better question to att is why they got rid of that in the first place (probably the "resource" excuse again or to aggregate users into switching to DirecTV - good luck with that).  But it's been a while now since they got rid of the website so I don't expect an answer to that either.

I'm not going to fight a religious war here so I'm done with this thread.  But I just dislike posts that imply windowz is the be all and end all of everything and all other OS users be d@mned.  Also, I'm in one of those moods tonight. Man Frustrated

Bye.

ACE - Professor

• 

5.4K Messages

6 years ago

Also, unfortunately Windows UWP apps have lost favor with developers, so of all options, would be least likely .

But more to the point, AT&T is no longer enhancing Uverse.  It is a reality we have to accept .  There is no perfect service out there, so you'll have to decide which is best for you.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

5 years ago

Well that is pretty rude. The number of windows users is still higher than mac. 

ACE - Professor

• 

5.4K Messages

5 years ago

@1234idontknow

It's not even necessary to do the MAC vs PC thing as the way Uverse was supported on those platforms was via web browser. This included not only live streaming, but also the guide and DVR controls. 

But that ship sailed a long time ago...

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

5 years ago

I too want to watch my recordings on my Windows PC when I am out of town.  This is not rocket science other providers have a Windows 10 app to view the recorder.  Someone at ATT with a brain should make this happen. Thanks,
Wayne

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

5 years ago

I too want to watch my recordings on my Windows PC when I am out of town.  This is not rocket science other providers have a Windows 10 app to view the recorder.  Someone at ATT with a brain should make this happen. Thanks,
Wayne

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.