KMinKC's profile

Tutor

• 

3 Messages

Tuesday, February 3rd, 2015 2:29 AM

Closed

Watch ESPN App Issue - "User Not Authorized" Error

I'm a U-200 subscriber, I get all of the ESPN channels on u-verse.  I recently moved to Kansas City from Chicago, and since the move I haven't been able to access Watch ESPN online.  I've tried from my laptop, phone and two different tablets.  I just get the User Not Authorized error.  Does anyone know how to fix this?  I don't have time to spend an hour on hold waiting for tech support.

Voyager

• 

1 Message

9 years ago

Hi there, just curious if there is a solution yet (in time for the big games this weekend)? WatchESPN seems to always fail during football season. Unfortunately, the team I follow puts their games on ESPNnews which looks like the one streaming channel you all don't offer.

Thanks for your expediated response!

Contributor

• 

1 Message

9 years ago

I'm having the same issue with watchespn on an android tablet. I'm frustrated as I want to watch a football game on Saturday and it sounds like it won't be resolved by then. I called ESPN and was on hold for 15 minutes and gave up. I called AT&T  and they insisted it was an ESPN problem. 

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

9 years ago

Ive been a Uverse TV and Internet customer for several years, and I have really enjoyed using Apple TV.  Before I moved, a few weeks ago, I had no problem streaming 3rd Party content via Apple TV, iPad and PC. However, since the move, I can no longer stream 3rd Party Apps (ie Watch ESPN). I have logged out and back in with my ATT acct to no avail. I continue to get "You are not authorized to watch this content..."  I also changed none of my services (U300 and Gigapower)

This is very frustrating. I called ATT Uverse Tech Serv (third party) and they said it's been an issue for the last several weeks, and they are working to resolve. But why did this happen after I moved?  Please provide a solution #frustrated

ACE - Expert

• 

35K Messages

9 years ago

There has apparently been a widespread issue with Third Party Authentication for a week.

However, even before that, it appears that when someone moved their U-verse service to a new location, the Third Party Authentication database got screwed up for that account.  I have been directing people in that situation to send a PM to @ATTU-verseCare to get their account resynced.  Whether this will matter or can be corrected during the "widespread issue," I do not know.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

9 years ago

Having the same issue and equally frustrated. We pay for all the content and can't watch it. Our issue started when we moved our service to a new address and all of a sudden HBO go, ESPN to go etc won't work when we subscribe to all the channels

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

9 years ago

watch espn app has not worked for a week now... can't log on at all.  have tried to uninstall and re install countless times.  the online chat people don't know anything either.  they just tell you to use the uverse app which does not have the same viewing options that i want...help!!!  please fix this AT&T!!!!

ACE - Expert

• 

35K Messages

9 years ago

I would suggest that anyone experiencing this problem click this AT&T logoU-verse Customer Service link to send a Private Message (PM) to the AT&T customer service team to report it. You can expect a reply via return PM (the blue envelope envelope  in the upper right hand corner of this site, next to your name and avatar) in a business day or three.

Please Include your name, your Billing Account Number, and the best time and way to reach you.  Maybe if they get enough reports they'll take it more seriously and get a fix out there.

ACE - Expert

• 

35K Messages

9 years ago

I would suggest that anyone experiencing this problem click this AT&T logoU-verse Customer Service link to send a Private Message (PM) to the AT&T customer service team to report it. You can expect a reply via return PM (the blue envelope envelope  in the upper right hand corner of this site, next to your name and avatar) in a business day or three.

Please Include your name, your Billing Account Number, and the best time and way to reach you.  Maybe if they get enough reports they'll take it more seriously and get a fix out there.

In the meantime, I would suggest you try the U-verse website or app.  The content may be more limited, but it seems to work.

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

9 years ago

Yeah,  thanks!  i have done the online chat route 3 times and called twice.  i don't think they care.  they seem to want everyone to use the uverse app.  we're probably just going to go back to time-warner....

ACE - Expert

• 

35K Messages

9 years ago

@jungle1955 wrote:

Yeah,  thanks!  i have done the online chat route 3 times and called twice.  i don't think they care.  they seem to want everyone to use the uverse app.  we're probably just going to go back to time-warner....

Both online chat and phone support are (In My Personal and Humble Opinion) worthless for a technical issue.  They don't understand what you're talking about well enough to create a coherent report.  On the other hand, the people who handle the PM box to which I referred you do understand what you're talking about; however they can only get serious attention paid to something that a lot of identified accounts are having an issue with.  Forum posts don't really count near as much as accounts with an open support ticket.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.