Skip to main content
AT&T Community Forums
Announcements
The epic new Samsung Galaxy S21 5G is available for preorder now!

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

Sun, Mar 29, 2015 1:36 PM

Uverse.com Live TV Channels

We’ve only recently discovered the “Live TV” section on http://uverse.com/uv/live

Several of the channels are locked out and say they are only available “In-Home”.

After a little investigation, I learned that these channels are only available when my laptop is connected to my Home Network. I understand that to mean, when my laptop is connected to my home WiFi.

So, my laptop is connected to my Home WiFi, but these channels are still locked out.

Responses

texasguy37

Expert

• 

14.5K Messages

6 years ago

Are  you subscribed to a U-verse TV package that includes those locked out channels?

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

6 years ago

Yes, We have the U200 with HD.

For example: We can watch Boomerang on the TV but not on Uverse.com

texasguy37

Expert

• 

14.5K Messages

6 years ago

Neither on http://uverse.com/uv/live or my iPhone do I see Bloomberg TV as one of the channels available to be watched live.  Not every channel is available to be watched live online or on your mobile device.

Where are you even seeing Bloomberg TVas being locked out?  It is not on the list of TV channels on http://uverse.com/uv/live.

mibrnsurg

Expert

• 

20.4K Messages

6 years ago

@brian0523 wrote:

Yes, We have the U200 with HD.

For example: We can watch Boomerang on the TV but not on Uverse.com

Boomerang the movie w/Eddie Murphy?  It's on Encore that u200 does not get.  I got on Uverse online since I currently have u300. 😉

Chris

Please NO SD stretch-o-vision or 480 SD HD Channels
Need Help? PM ATT Uverse Care (all service problems)
ATT Customer Care(all other problems)
Your Results May Vary, In My Humble Opinion
I Call It Like I See It, Simply a U-verse user, nothing more

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

6 years ago

No, Boomerang is a Channel that shows Cartoons. Other Channels that I see locked out are A&E, AMC, BET, CMT, H2 and others.

They're locked out unless I connect to my home network. However, I am connected to my home network. So, I should be able to view those channels just as I am able to see other channels. 

texasguy37

Expert

• 

14.5K Messages

6 years ago

Oh, Boomerang not Bloomberg!  LOL

I can watch Boomerang on my laptop here at home with no issue on http://uverse.com/uv/live.

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

6 years ago

I called U Verse Support. They told me that I need to download and install a U Verse Live Player Plugin. Its the Plugin that tells if your PC is connected to the Home Network or not.

BUT - The URL isnt working:

uverse.com/uv/configure-live-player-plugin

aviewer

Expert

• 

10.1K Messages

6 years ago

When you activate live Does it not have three blocks across the screen?

The first is you need to sign on

The second is loading the plug in

Not sure what the third is - probably use it.

You have to be careful with the loading - your browser needs to be accepting popups to see what is happening & it will download & you have to run the download.

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

6 years ago

Update; Looks like ATT updated there web page http://uverse.com/configure-live-player-plugin

But, I still cant download the plugin....

I found that all channels work fine on my tablet. The problem still exists on the laptop and desktop.

So, I just gave up for now.

ACE - Professor

• 

4.2K Messages

6 years ago

At this point, I'd almost send a PM to U-Verse Care via the link in mibrnsurg's signature. Include your billing number, name, a link to this thread and a phone number, plus any other details like OS version number, web browser information, etc. A reply will be in your inbox (blue envelope top right corner) in typically 2-3 business days.

Award for Community Excellence 2020 Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

5 years ago

This is over a half year old, but I figured I'd give an update for those that get here through googling.  I PMd UVERSE Care and we worked on this for a week through emails. What computer are you using?  Try another one.  Try this, try that, etc.  Final email came today--we no longer support the plugin.  You cannot watch the news live on your computer, only channels with a live icon.  Sorry.

Not sure why that plugin link is still active if it's not supported 

mitchflorida

Scholar

• 

222 Messages

5 years ago

They are basically giving you the runaround.  I subscribe to Cinemax but can't get it on the Uverse Live site,  I have to go to the Cinemax Now site, operated by Cinemax.  Same thing with Smithsonian Channel, I can't receive it at all on Uverse Live.   None of the CSRs know how to fix it , but it has to be escalated to the Uverse programmers.

Get started...

Ask a new question