Contributor

• 

2 Messages

Thu, Oct 17, 2013 11:27 PM

U-verse online error message

When I try to watch U-verse online, I often get an error message that says,

"Oops... An error has occurred

We apologize for the inconvenience. If the problem persists
please visit our AT&T U-verse Support page for further troubleshooting.
Details: An error occurred trying to play the video.Try Again  Error Code: 3.8"

I've talked to tech support and they say it's a flash player issue, but mine is up to date.  It seems to happen on certain networks and not others.  I can't watch Spike, Showtime, Starz, WE to name a few, but can watch HBO, Fox, and ABC.  I have access to all of these channels on my TV, but keep running into this error code on my computer.  Anyone else having the same problem or have any better trouble shooting ideas than AT&T telephone support? 

Thanks!

Responses

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

5 years ago

Same problem here. Used the tech support chat window, but it doenst even work, keeps bringing me back to the screen to put my info in. What a joke! I'm using Chrome. 

Teacher

• 

14 Messages

5 years ago

My Java console shows this error when it fails to run:

"Failed to execute 'write' on 'Document': It isn't possible to write into a document from an asynchronously-loaded external script unless it is explicitly opened."

Maybe that will help the devs sort it out. 

Contributor

• 

1 Message

5 years ago

I've been having the same problem, but after clicking on several channels i discovered some work and some dont...

Im assuming its not a computer issue on my part if some channels work.  To me it looks like it may be an issue with the individual networks.

Either way it's very annoying.  If its a network problem they need to get on it!

I am using Windows 8 and Firefox.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

5 years ago

I'm having the same problem. Getting "Error Code: 3.8" on some channels (specifically BeIn Sports channel), other channels work. I have tried reinstalling Silverlight and Flash, and adblock is not enabled.

JavaScript console says "Failed to execute 'write' on 'Document': It isn't possible to write into a document from an asynchronously-loaded external script unless it is explicitly opened."

I get the error on both my laptop and desktop, in both Chrome and IE.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

4 years ago

I have same issue ATT cannot resolve problem.3.8 code

mibrnsurg

Expert

• 

20.4K Messages

4 years ago

@fishhead16 wrote:

I have same issue ATT cannot resolve problem.3.8 code

Because it's the only 'unknown error' on ATT support page for error codes. 😉

Chris

Please NO SD stretch-o-vision or 480 SD HD Channels
Need Help? PM ATT Uverse Care (all service problems)
ATT Customer Care(billing and all other problems)
Your Results May Vary, In My Humble Opinion
I Call It Like I See It, Simply a U-verse user, nothing more

Contributor

• 

1 Message

3 years ago

That is not the problem. Error code 3.8 has a few origins. First cross-domain security in the browser. In Safari, if you enable the developer menu and "Disable Cross Origin Restrictions" you and reload the page, and then you'll see the true error. This is ATT's problem, and they need to fix it.

The broken URL the att live player is trying to access is:  http://uverse.com/deviceid/flashaccess/getServerVersion/v3

ATT web code is trying to access this URL and it fails, giving the "Error Code: 3.8". Please fix this. Copy the above link into any browser and you'll see it's broken.