Skip to main content
AT&T Community Forums
Announcements
Don’t miss your chance to add AT&T Protect Advantage. Peace of mind, starting at $15 per month. Open enrollment ends 8/31. See all protection plans.

Tutor

• 

12 Messages

Sat, Jan 27, 2018 6:33 AM

Uverse App missing many channels as show on home tv

Why is the uverse app miissing many channels as show on home tv even when using it at home?  Local channels and others channel are not available on rhe app. It should be all available on app as well since you are watching at home using the same at&t wifi. This should be fixed asap. Xfinity allows it on their service to both view channels of home and mobile app. 

Responses

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Paranotary

Guru

• 

467 Messages

3 years ago

The following is a link for the U-Verse tv app.  I hope this helps.

https://www.att.com/esupport/article.html#!/u-verse-tv/KM1001371

Paranotary

Guru

• 

467 Messages

3 years ago

I understand how frustrating not having channels appearing can be.  I just checked my U-Verse app, and my locals appear in the guide, even on my data cellular.  Do you have AT&T Internet?  Are your location services active on your device?  Are your HD locals missing or just the SD?  In my app, only the HD appear in the guide, unless there is no HD equivalent.  I hope this helps.

Tutor

• 

12 Messages

3 years ago

I

Tutor

• 

12 Messages

3 years ago

I have A&t internet. This is what I mean. Channels does appear on guide on app but you can’t watch it and not available for mobile view.  And how do you activate loca services on device?

Paranotary

Guru

• 

467 Messages

3 years ago

This app works a little differently than Comcast’s app.  I am assuming because not everyone has AT&T Internet availabile, the app doesn’t work according to which WiFi connection you have, like Comcast does, but rather the physical location of your device.  I just checked it both ways.  

First, you have to make sure location services, such as GPS, are active.  How to turn it on depends on the device.  On my IOS it’s under Settings,then I select the U-verse app, then select Location, then while using app.  Second on the U-Verse app, select Live for your live tv choices.  Once my location services were active more channels became available in the Live tv selection.

Tutor

• 

12 Messages

3 years ago

I know it works differently than Comcast. One sample, History channel (1265). It does not allow you to watch on the app. Its not appearing as part of the Live channels.  It does appear on app as non-Live but when you click on it, it does not let you watch it on device.  And i am at home using my AT&T wifi. Thats a problem. 

Paranotary

Guru

• 

467 Messages

3 years ago

I have the History channel (1256) in my Live tv line up.  If you don’t have it, try installing and reinstalling the app, that usually corrects a lot.  Another alternative is watching the show directly on the History channel app.  If you have the channel in your package, you will be able to have access to the network’s app.  These apps don’t usually have live tv, but the shows can be in the on demand content.

49AE7436-F3E7-4359-B840-650D5ED439A3.jpeg

Tutor

• 

12 Messages

3 years ago

Hey that fixed the History channel. It is now available on Live. But here’s another one. Channel 1002. This is my local channel. This is not listed on Live channel. Only appears on app as non-Live but not able to warch on device. This is what I mean when I am at home using the app and connected to AT&T wifi. Should be able to watch every channels as on tv as long as I am using my home wifi. And thanks for the first tip!

Paranotary

Guru

• 

467 Messages

3 years ago

I am happy to hear that the History channel is now fixed for you.  I haven’t gone through to see every channel for Live TV.  The reason why I said it’s different than Comcast is that Comcast requires you to be connected to your Comcast home WiFi for most live and vod content, but AT&T is location based not WiFi.

I don’t know of any provider that has the Live TV option duplicate of their box.  The app is meant to be supplemental or complimentary of the box, not a replacement.  Every provider has their limitations.  It usually depends upon FCC regulations and the contract the provider has with the particular network.  I will admit Comcast’s app was really good until about October 2016 when they partnered/contracted with Netflix, after that it was really bad.  Because of that, I hardly use the provider’s apps, I mostly use the network’s apps, with pretty good success.

Tutor

• 

12 Messages

3 years ago

I take it back. The History  channel disappeared off the list of Live channels!  Ir was there earlier and when I looked for it again, it’s not there anymore. Now I am back where I am unable to watch on mobile. Any ideas?

Tutor

• 

12 Messages

3 years ago

I take it back. The History channel disappeared off the list of Live channels! Ir was there earlier and when I looked for it again, it’s not there anymore. Now I am back where I am unable to watch on mobile. Any ideas?

Paranotary

Guru

• 

467 Messages

3 years ago

Spoiler

I am new to AT&T U-Verse, I’d like to thank you, by these questions I‘m really getting to know this app.  I just found something that I didn’t know about previously.  I checked my Live TV option and the History channel disappeared from there for me also.  However, I found that if you go to the guide, select Watch, if available, it will give you the On Device option and play.  It’ll probably work for other channels as well.  I hope this helps.

0C361658-8953-4C76-81AE-C055E50ADCD8.png

Tutor

• 

12 Messages

3 years ago

I see those options you have when you click on Watch.  But when I clicked on it on my device, the option I have is watch on tv. I do

not have the option to warch on my device. How did you get those

other options?

Tutor

• 

12 Messages

3 years ago

I see those options you have when you click on Watch. But when I clicked on it on my device, the option I have is watch on tv. I do
not have the option to warch on my device. How did you get those
other options?

Paranotary

Guru

• 

467 Messages

3 years ago

When I opened the app, I selected the Guide.  From the Guide, I selected the channel, then the Watch, Record, etc. appeared.  When I select Watch, my two boxes appear at the top, then the device with Live TV option appeared.  After I selected Live TV, it played.  I posted screenshots in (hopefully) order for you.

873EE2ED-55A3-4AA1-8E65-E051FAB4A47E.jpeg60A91030-93F7-48AC-9E7C-48297C89E963.jpeg03A876B8-160D-4F76-85A0-E0B2925A3BAA.jpeg

Get started...

Ask a new question