Announcements

For the latest on our response to Coronavirus (COVID-19), click here.

Tutor

• 

3 Messages

Sat, Dec 15, 2018 10:46 PM

User Not Authorized Error On ESPN.com

I am receiving a "User Not Authorized Error" message when trying to watch a live event on ESPN.com.  I am a Uverse customer.  In researching this error, I followed the recommendations to clear my cookies, cache and history, which made no difference. 

The following screen grab popped up when hitting the back button on the "User Not Authorized Error" page.

Error detailsAn error occurred fulfulling the current request to https://zlp42999.vci.att.com/sps/authservice/authentication.
This error was caused by an internal/unexpected error on the invoked protocol module leading to the exception displayed below.
Please validate configuration of the executing protocol and environment.
This is not a problem with the SPS.

Responses

justin275

Teacher

• 

14 Messages

a year ago

This hasn't worked for me since I signed up with U-verse in August.  I've spent a couple hours on the phone with AT&T and get the same runaround as everyone.  Blame the apps, claim there's an outage, say you should just use the U-verse app.  Apparently they can resolve it since it ends up working with some people but it's really just not that important to them.  It's very frustrating. 

If you look at posts on this board you'll see that this goes back at least 4 years and they've been providing the same responses.

jma1969a

Teacher

• 

23 Messages

a year ago

I have been getting this on ESPN the for over a month now.

espn02.jpg

Anyone care to fix this issue? I have spent hours on the phone and chat lines with AT&T, ESPN and Adobe Flash support. No one seems to have a clue. They all blame the other party. Nothing gets fixed. PITIFUL.

AT&T providing AWFUL service and support to paying customers is apparently just not an issue they care to fix. 

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

a year ago

I got that message continuously for about three months and then everything
started working again for me. It's been working now for about 5 or 6
months.
jma1969a

Teacher

• 

23 Messages

a year ago

I am still asking why?

es02.jpg

Teacher

• 

9 Messages

a month ago

I have had this problem for 5 months and get no where on the phone with support. Changing passwords, etc. No online locked content at any network websites live or previous broadcast. Many just say your package doesn't include this. Just got on the phone again and they keep talking about my uverse app on my phone which only allows me to set dvr recordings. So 7 more long months and I will say good bye to attuverse.

JefferMC

ACE - Expert

• 

17K Messages

It is possible that your U-verse TV subscription does not have access to the ESPN video you want to see, depending on which U-verse TV package you subscribe to.

Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

I was just watching ESPN last night live. Also any online content that requires you to sign in does this, including ABC.

AT&T TV – All Your Entertainment In One Spot.  Learn more…