gtskiff's profile

Tutor

• 

3 Messages

Sunday, January 25th, 2015 1:09 AM

TV apps not working with uverse

Hello,
I cannot watch my Showtime Anytime or NBC Sports apps on my xBox 360, iPhone, or iPad Air.
When I try to watch something on any of these apps on any of these platforms, I get an error message that says I do not have a Uverse subscription. But I do! On ShowtimeAnytime.com, for example, it won't even let me login to my SHowtime account (which I've created before). Instead, it gives me the error message that my Uverse account does not have a Showtime subscription. But I do!!!!
This has been happening for several weeks and I am very frustrated.

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

5 years ago

I called AT&T’s U-Verse loyalty dept & expressed my dissatisfaction with not being able to use any apps... They were able to switch me to DirecTV without any fees & i have since been able to access ALLLLLLL of the 3rd party apps. 

Clearly, the issue is some back office software problem that no one at U-Verse has managed to get a handle on.....or they just don’t care. 

Anyway, i suggest to everyone having this issue to ask to switch over to DirecTV. The pricing is pretty comparable so worth it, IMO. 

Employee

• 

1 Message

5 years ago

I am an AT&T employee, and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.

My U-verse DVR hard drive crashed and I lost the recording of one episode of a show (Suits) that I watch regularly. It is not available on demand, yet. I tried to watch it using the USA app. The login screen for the USA app lists U-Verse, but will not bring up the login screen. In reviewing this thread, it recommended using the U-Verse app. I logged into  the U-verse app, but it does not allow me to watch a show that was recorded last week. 

Why can't I use the USA app?

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

5 years ago

There are multiple apps that DO NOT work with a Uverse plan. In all honesty, I haven't found one yet that does. Lifetime, Starz FX, Showtime, Hallmark, none of them work in my area...amd the list goes on and on.

ACE - Professor

• 

5.3K Messages

5 years ago

@ac2608 

hello, if you’re getting a channel in subscribed package, the app should allow use.  The apps just makes a call to a published att api to authenticate a user. 

The credentials I use are the ones setup for my email with att I believe. This has always been a point of confusion for me and unnecessarily complicated. The email is different than the one I use to manage my account. 

It’s worth getting this sorted out mostly because on demand content available through a broadcaster is always better than what’s offered in the U-verse library, although I equally acknowledge the convenience of the U-verse DVR.  But for sure if one wanted to binge watch Game of Thrones, better done through app. 

Teacher

• 

14 Messages

5 years ago

I've now spent about 2 hours on the phone with AT&T regarding this issue only to get the same response, that this is an outage and it's still being worked on.  Recommendation, use the U-verse app.  This is incredibly frustrating.  It's even more frustrating when I read some of the posts on the forum (of which there are many) about this topic that get resolved which indicates that the issue can be resolved but for some reason they won't just resolve it for everyone or have a known fix for the customer service reps.

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

5 years ago

I called customer loyalty & requested to be switched to Directv at no
additional charge. They had a tech out in a few days & now i can access all
3rd party apps.

that’s my suggestion to everyone!!!

Contributor

• 

1 Message

5 years ago

I am having an issue with the same thing. Where do I send my information to and can someone help me ASAP please?

Contributor

• 

1 Message

5 years ago

Any new update to this thread. I can not use the U-verse app as it says temporarily unavailable for some time now and tried to watch show on syfy and it says I don’t have the channel, but the package I have does. I am not seeing any solutions that work and done all suggestions so far without any luck.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

5 years ago

I’m having this same issue.  I have U450 package and cannot access anything on any apps.

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

5 years ago

I have been able to go back into my roku and get FXNow, TNT, TBS, Lifetime, Showtime, and some others. Those were all ones I could not access before, so deleting the channel and reloading it seemed to work. I also think UVerse or roku or the individual channels have upgraded their software. I think it was recently because I loaded all of them on the same day earlier this month.
Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.