For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
deanhd57's profile

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

Saturday, March 7th, 2015 9:27 PM

NASCAR

How can I cancel my ATT U Verse immediately?
I bought this bundle for Fox Sports 1&2 NASCAR XFINITY AND SPRINT CUP COVERAGE!
Dean

[Edited for privacy-please do not post personal or unique information such as but not limited to full names, employee ID numbers, email addresses, phone numbers, account numbers, etc.]

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

9 years ago

Well, MR. EXPERT, my information was received from an ATT employee by the name of Philip. And, as I said previously, I don't give a {edited for word filter evasion} who wants more money. I feel that I should receive the programming that was originally included in the Uverse package I pay for.

Expert

• 

14.5K Messages

9 years ago

@jokief wrote:

Well, MR. EXPERT, my information was received from an ATT employee by the name of Philip. And, as I said previously, I don't give a rat's AZZ who wants more money. I feel that I should receive the programming that was originally included in the Uverse package I pay for.

I'm sure AT&T feeds that Fox should send them all of the programming on Fox Sports 1 since they have a carriage agreement and pay a fee to carry that channel in it's lineup.  You seem to only be able to  see things your way.

Tutor

• 

2 Messages

9 years ago

I am very unhappy about the mess between FS1 and AT&T that has caused us to lose nascar xfinity races on Fs1 U Verse!  We pay out the yazoo for U-verse.  I was always disappointed that we don't get the Hallmark channels, but decided to just live with that.  But this nascar problem is really maddening!  If it isn't resolved soon, we WILL be finding another provider!  I have also complained to FS1 and to Nascar because bottom line, they need to find a way to work this out so that their loyal, paying customers don't have to suffer!  Should customers also expect the upcominf Sprint cup races that are to be aired on FS1 to be blocked?

Expert

• 

20.4K Messages

9 years ago

@maryscommid680 wrote:

I am very unhappy about the mess between FS1 and AT&T that has caused us to lose nascar xfinity races on Fs1 U Verse!  We pay out the yazoo for U-verse.  I was always disappointed that we don't get the Hallmark channels, but decided to just live with that.  But this nascar problem is really maddening!  If it isn't resolved soon, we WILL be finding another provider!  I have also complained to FS1 and to Nascar because bottom line, they need to find a way to work this out so that their loyal, paying customers don't have to suffer!  Should customers also expect the upcominf Sprint cup races that are to be aired on FS1 to be blocked?

Nope, Sprint Cup races have not been mentioned as they've always been on a Fox channel and are being paid for in the Fox local fees.  Many of Fox stations are O&Os so Fox is geting the direct payment for Sprint Cup races.

We'll find out for sure 4/24 w/the Richmond race, first on FS1. Smiley Surprised

Chris

Please NO SD stretch-o-vision or 480 SD HD Channels
Need Help? PM ATT Uverse Care (all service problems)
ATT Customer Care(all other problems)
Your Results May Vary, In My Humble Opinion
I Call It Like I See It, Simply a U-verse user, nothing more

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

9 years ago

Who are the punks answering these complaints. Don't get smug with people with legitimate complaints.
Is this what ATT calls customer service.
This shows us you really don't care.

ACE - Professor

• 

2.5K Messages

9 years ago

@deanhd57 wrote:
Who are the punks answering these complaints. Don't get smug with people with legitimate complaints.
Is this what ATT calls customer service.
This shows us you really don't care.

The so-called "punks answering these complaints" are U-verse subscribers just like you. This is a peer-to-peer forum. They are NOT employees of AT&T, and neither are they "punks".

What they are are U-verse subscribers who can see the big picture, and see that the fault lies with Fox who is providing the non Xfinity programming due to the fact that they (Fox) do not want to honor a contract that they signed with AT&T prior to the Speed Channel becoming Fox Sports 1.

Speaking for myself, I think that your so-called punks are tired of disgruntled subscribers starting a new thread everytime they post about Fox Sports 1 or NASCAR or basketball instead of seeing that there are already existing threads about the matter.

Expert

• 

20.4K Messages

9 years ago

This might just be the crux of the problem:

At first, Fox sought a higher carriage fee as well, estimated at 80¢ per subscriber (more than triple the fee of 23¢ per subscriber that Speed had commanded; by comparison, ESPN pulls in fees of approximately $5.00 per subscriber, the most expensive fee of any pay television network).[11][17]

Concerns by providers over the increasing costs for cable and satellite services for their customers (largely believed to be partly due to the higher fees commanded by certain sports channels) resulted in Fox backing off charging the 80¢ per subscriber rate, instead charging the same 23¢ rate that those providers paid to carry Speed.[18][19]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fox_Sports_1

If it is just about 57¢/subscriber, ATT should pay it and add it to next Feb's increase, this is ridiculous. Smiley Mad

Chris

Please NO SD stretch-o-vision or 480 SD HD Channels
Need Help? PM ATT Uverse Care (all service problems)
ATT Customer Care(all other problems)
Your Results May Vary, In My Humble Opinion
I Call It Like I See It, Simply a U-verse user, nothing more

ACE - Professor

• 

2.5K Messages

9 years ago

I just went through the guide as far as I could get which was March 28. The only dart tournament programming was during the Xfinity race next Saturday and the repeat on Sunday morning. With Big East basketball programming over, all other programming is available including MLS soccer.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.