Announcements
You Could WIN A Year Of Wireless Service – Learn More!

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

Sun, Feb 4, 2018 4:30 PM

Local channels on Uverse app

Will it ever happen?

Responses

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

ACE - Expert

• 

12.7K Messages

2 years ago

@ProspectiveCustomer wrote:

The answer makes no sense. My set top boxes connect to the gateway via WiFi so I should be able to stream the same content to any device on my home net invluding to my iPad with the U-verse app. 

You access the app using the internet.   You access programming from your gateway using a WAP (wireless access point).

The wireless access point takes the TV content from your residential gateway, decodes it into the correct format, and delivers the content wirelessly over your in-home Wi-Fi connection to the U-verse Wireless Receiver. 

Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Brand User
ATTCares

Administrator

• 

107.5K Messages

2 years ago

Greetings Hbsjr1,

Thank you for reaching out to AT&T’s Community and Forums. AT&T works hard to provide the best content to make the viewing experience as enjoyable as possible. Here is a link which addresses the very concern you are inquiring about: https://forums.att.com/t5/U-verse-TV-Apps/Why-don-t-I-get-my-local-channels-on-the-U-verse-app/m-p/4964466#M5563.

We truly appreciate your business and for choosing AT&T for your entertainment needs.

Jason, AT&T Community and Forums Team

*I am an AT&T employee, and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.

Tutor

• 

10 Messages

2 years ago

The answer makes no sense. My set top boxes connect to the gateway via WiFi so I should be able to stream the same content to any device on my home net invluding to my iPad with the U-verse app. 

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

2 years ago

How can charter have local available and you cannot?