anitapat's profile

Teacher

• 

3 Messages

Thursday, February 14th, 2013 3:51 PM

Interactive feature for on-demand

The new interactive feature for on-demand recordings is so much slower and provides less information than the old listings. I tried to contact U-verse TV, but they make is near impossible to make comments. Is anyone out the from AT&T U-verse listening? This new feature is not as useful or user friendly.

Expert

• 

14.5K Messages

11 years ago

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

11 years ago

Honestly.. It's hard to assess whether the UI is good or not because of the PERFORMANCE BEING HORRIBLE!! This is useless.. Time to consider canceling Uverse. Amazon streaming and Netflix certainly fill the on-demand gap, and I think I can get a faster / cheaper Internet connection elsewhere. Only question left - do I care enough about the weekly programming I watch? Hmm.. Convince me to stay AT&T?

Expert

• 

20.4K Messages

11 years ago

Why should we convince you, were just users like you.  Personally I have no problem at all w/the new VOD GUI or Search app working quickly on my new 2550. 😉

Chris

Please NO SD stretch-o-vision or 480 SD HD Channels
Need Help? 1-800-288-2020, After he gets acct info, press # a bunch of times, get a menu from Mr. Voice recognition
Your Results May Vary, In My Humble Opinion
I Call It Like I See It, Simply a U-verse user, nothing more

Contributor

• 

1 Message

11 years ago

I have a 65 inch tv the blue writing under their wonderful pictures that take muniutes to load on the screen, which then I have to go up to TV to read what is says. Besides being slow and clunky the interface is horable to navagate. You never know how long it will take to load the information. U-verse sometimes you can over think simple. Go back to the old interface. Please

Expert

• 

20.4K Messages

11 years ago

@ron-sr wrote:

I have a 65 inch tv the blue writing under their wonderful pictures that take muniutes to load on the screen, which then I have to go up to TV to read what is says. Besides being slow and clunky the interface is horable to navagate. You never know how long it will take to load the information. U-verse sometimes you can over think simple. Go back to the old interface. Please

Turn it back into a list version.  On first right arrow, look in left border and see 3 small icons, click the bottom one, it'll change it back to a list version, a little bit different than the old version. 😉

Chris

Need Help? 1-800-288-2020, After he gets acct info, press # a bunch of times, get a menu from Mr. Voice recognition

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

11 years ago

You just don't listen, do you? Switching to list mode only makes horribly-slow slightly-less horribly-slow. The interface sucks rocks, period. Some have stated that they changed from the perfectly useful, reasonably quick interface to this slow-@ssed, useless interface so they could compete with the NetFlix interface. Ok, if I have to choose between sucky interfaces, I guess I should look at NetFlix. I'm sure the processor in my internet-enabled TV is newer and faster than my ancient U-verse box, which would result in a faster sucky-interface experience.

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

11 years ago

The fan-boys here just don't get it. First, this new interface is horribly slow, even in list mode. I think everyone but the fan-boys get that by now. Second, either the code or the data is regularly hosed. I have seen categories duplicated due to misspellings, meaning you have to look in multiple places for the same category of movies. I've also clicked on 'ok' to start a movie, only to have it go to the info screen again. It is an endless* loop. Also seen, clicking on a category and having the screen go to the parent level instead of the child level. I've seen high school programming projects that looked more professional.

*Endless is determined based on clicking the 'ok' and watching the screen "change" to the same info screen you clicked from six times.

Expert

• 

20.4K Messages

11 years ago

tem62 wrote:

You just don't listen, do you? Switching to list mode only makes horribly-slow slightly-less horribly-slow. The interface sucks rocks, period. Some have stated that they changed from the perfectly useful, reasonably quick interface to this slow-@ssed, useless interface so they could compete with the NetFlix interface. Ok, if I have to choose between sucky interfaces, I guess I should look at NetFlix. I'm sure the processor in my internet-enabled TV is newer and faster than my ancient U-verse box, which would result in a faster sucky-interface experience.

Sorry this was not directed to you, it was to ron-sr and you need not be rude, as I was never rude to you. 

Even on my slow old Vip1216, the list version worked just like the old list version same fast speed.  Don't know what is wrong, but I'd do a hard reboot by unplug/plug in power after 30 seconds. This will fix many DVR problems. 😉

Chris

Expert

• 

20.4K Messages

11 years ago

@tem62 wrote:

The fan-boys here just don't get it. First, this new interface is horribly slow, even in list mode. I think everyone but the fan-boys get that by now. Second, either the code or the data is regularly hosed. I have seen categories duplicated due to misspellings, meaning you have to look in multiple places for the same category of movies. I've also clicked on 'ok' to start a movie, only to have it go to the info screen again. It is an endless* loop. Also seen, clicking on a category and having the screen go to the parent level instead of the child level. I've seen high school programming projects that looked more professional.

*Endless is determined based on clicking the 'ok' and watching the screen "change" to the same info screen you clicked from six times.

Fan boys?  We're just users like you trying to help other users. 😉

Chris

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

11 years ago

Power-cycled all of my units. The result is the same. It's slow. I and others have said the same over and over and the response is always the same, use list mode and/or reboot and all will be right with the world. Well, I did, and it isn't...and I am not alone. If I liked watching the appropriately-termed-by-me "dog chasing its tail" graphic, I would have been using, or would have at least looked at, some of the increasingly annoying number of "apps" on uVerse. Several, such as weather and the multiview apps, sounded worth looking into. They are just dog-crap slow and give me flashbacks to the agony of Windows 95 loading on my 486.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.