Announcements
HBO Max - where HBO meets so much more!

Tutor

• 

11 Messages

Sun, Apr 5, 2020 8:19 PM

How do I get to internet on my television with uverse

I can't connect to the internet with my uverse television. What do I do?

Responses

ACE - Expert

• 

14.2K Messages

2 months ago

Do you have a Smart TV? Connecting to the internet has nothing to do with Uverse TV.

**** I don't know what you want me to tell you. ****

Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Tutor

• 

11 Messages

I can't get to my tv controls. If there is no att I get nothing. I don't know what happened to my antenna, I think they didn't hook it up right the last time I needed something fixed. Thanks though.

ACE - Expert

• 

14.2K Messages

Are you saying that you are not able to get Uverse TV OR internet? What antenna are you talking about?

If both your Uverse TV AND your internet service is NOT working, try rebooting your gateway (modem) by pulling the power cord out of the back, wait 20 secs. and return power.

*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Tutor

• 

11 Messages

I can get att-uverse. I can't get to the internet with that so I can't view netflix or amazon prime except on my computer. the tv would let me do it when I could choose tv or att but now when I choose tv on the att remote I get only the choice to go back to att. I cannot watch television if att is down as it was last year for 3 days. I can't do anything on the internet. I supposed I have to try to call them and have someone come out but I hate att service. By the time I get a human being I am in tears and they want to to unplug things and I can't crawl behind the tv stand to get to what they thing I should unplug and I don't know which thing to unplug anyway. I guess I will just watch prime and netflix on my pc in an uncomfortable chair.

my thoughts

Employee

• 

15.3K Messages

Streaming service to your tv would be either thru another device such as game system, DVD, ROku, Fire Stick, etc or if your tv is a smart tv and conected to the internet...

Bottom line need an internet connection not provided by the IPTV receiver.

A tech appointment to troubleshoot and correct your personal equipment will be a $99 service call. IF unable to perform this yourself, may want to ask a family member or friend to look at you tv and related equipment...

Just trying to save you some money....

*I am an AT&T employee, and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.

ACE - Expert

• 

14.2K Messages

Prime and Netflix are streaming services using the internet. Uverse TV does not provide access to streaming services.

How do you access Prime and Netflix on your TV? Do you have a Smart TV, Roku or gaming console?

(edited)

Tutor

• 

11 Messages

I used to be able to do it through my tv but since the last new gateway thingie, I can't get to my television controls so I can't get to any of that. I thought I could do it through uverse but I can't figure out how. I either watch uverse or nothing.

Tutor

• 

11 Messages

It is a smart tv. the uverse gateway just won't let me get to it.

ACE - Expert

• 

14.2K Messages

If you got a new gateway, you need to change the modem information on your TV. Check your TV Owner's Manual for instructions.

Tutor

• 

11 Messages

I will check that but I would have to get to my tv settings and right now, I can't. At least I can watch tv but there is life beyond what uverse shows us. 3500 channels of JUNK.

I did dig out my tv book the other day but keep getting interrupted when I am trying to read it. I will let you know if I find something in that.