Announcements
Don’t miss your chance to add AT&T Protect Advantage. Peace of mind, starting at $15 per month. Open enrollment ends 3/31. See all protection plans.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Wed, Nov 22, 2017 9:50 PM

HBO Go does not recognize my ATT Uverse account HBO subscription

When trying to active HBO Go from my pc (WinTel) the sign-in page posts

Signed Out
We’re having trouble verifying your access to HBO GO with your TV provider. It appears that your AT&T U-verse subscription does not include HBO. HBO GO is available free to AT&T U-verse customers who subscribe to HBO.
I DO HAVE HBO subscription on the UVerse account, and can watch current shows.  
I've already tried erasing HBO cookies.  On the way into signing on a screen states that I will be recognized in the future.  Calls to ATT help ended up with people say it was NOT there area of knowledge.  
Thanks.

Responses

curiouscat

Professor

• 

1.9K Messages

3 years ago

Please make sure that you're signed in using the AT&T email address associated with your U-verse account.

If you don't have one, register via att.net/uverse.

If you're already using one, then call 800-288-2020. Technical support is open until 10 PM PST. 

Contributor

• 

1 Message

2 years ago

As for me,

I do have the correct information, I verified with the 800.288.2020 number but they were not able to fix the problem. The solution was to just use the uverse app on the phone and not the HBO website, but it is not the same thing.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

2 years ago

I called ATT Technical Support at 800-288-2020 and they were not able to fix the problem either. The tech said that it is not an ATT problem because we are able to view HBO on TV. She said it is a 3rd party (app) problem and suggested I call HBO. She also suggested that I watch HBO through the Uverse App, but HBO Go offers much more On Demand than on TV.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

2 years ago

It looks like ATT uvers is no longer associated with hbogo, maxgo and showtime anytime.  HBO suggested getting another provider or cancel uverse and getting Amazon Firestick.to use with another provider internet, like Xfinity.

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

4 months ago

I'm having the same problem. HBOgo - through the internet signon -  tells me I'm not subscribed to HBO (I am, through U-verse), and will not allow me to connect to it through my Amazon Fire TV Stick, although the app works well on my iPad. When I spoke with U-verse customer service last night for almost an hour, he told me that U-verse doesn't support the Amazon Fire TV Stick (even though the help section of HBOgo says that it does), and that I should post an inquiry here to see if I could find answers... 😞

• 

1 Message

I, too, am subcribed to HBO through UVerse. I just spent 40 arduous minutes on the phone with AT&T after going through this (and searching for solutions online) for many months. They actually provided an (entirely illogical, but) effective solution:

- Go to http://att.net/uverse

- Sign in using account number and 4-digit passcode

- Create an att.net email account (?!), etc- follow the steps until ATT.net kicks you back out to ATT.com

- Go log into HBOGO.com the way that makes sense (choose UVerse as your provider, etc)

Hopefully this works for you, too.

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

4 months ago

I'd been having the same problem with my Amazon Fire TV Stick.

I just found this answer on the HBOgo app website, and it worked for me!

(I had been trying to log in with my iPad, so this time, I completely switched to a different device AND operating system)

If the code still doesn't work, try the following:

Exit the HBO GO app on your TV.
On your computer, go to HBOGO.com and in the upper-right corner, choose Sign In.
Choose your TV provider or college from the list of providers.
Enter the username and password for your TV provider account. If you don't know your username and password, contact your TV provider. If you can't sign in on at HBOGO.com, see Can't sign in to HBO GO.
Once you're signed in on your computer, reopen HBO GO on your TV and choose Sign In.
On your computer, open a new browser tab and go to HBOGO.com/tvsignin.
Enter the code that appears on your TV, and then choose Next.

If the TV code still doesn't work, try clearing your browser's cookies for activate.HBOGO.com and play.HBOGO.com. To find out how to do this, search your browser's help for 'cookies.'

Choose your TV provider and then sign in to your TV provider account (enter the username and password for your TV provider account).

Kong57

Guru

• 

642 Messages

1 month ago

I had the same problem but i found a solution. Windows 10 has a In Private Window. Try using it to log in to HBO to get your code for TV streaming.