Announcements

For the latest on our response to Coronavirus (COVID-19), click here.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Tue, Jan 30, 2018 2:24 AM

AT&T U-Verse app Parental Control

Hi everyone,

Just installed AT&T U-verse app on my Cellphone. When trying to play Live TV it's showing "Live TV is disabled due to parental control restrictions".

Can anyone please help me with this issue?

Thanks in advance.

Responses

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Brand User
ATTHelp

Administrator

• 

111.6K Messages

2 years ago

Hello aidazeki,

Thank you for reaching out to us on AT&T’s Community and Forums. We are happy to hear you are part of the U-verse family! I can help you with this issue.

The parental control restrictions are set up through your U-verse receiver. You need to simply access the settings and go to the parental control section to make changes. Whatever settings you have on the main unit will affect your U-verse app viewing. Here is a link to help you further: https://www.att.com/esupport/article.html#!/u-verse-tv/KM1001371?source=ECSFU90000000000L&wtExtndSource=splash.

Thank you for being the best part of AT&T!

Jason, AT&T Community and Forums Team

Still need help? Ask a question! Our 1.4 million members typically respond within 1 hour.

*I am an AT&T employee, and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Tre_Smooth

Mentor

• 

55 Messages

2 years ago

You have to sign into the Uverse app with your @att.net email address instead of your username. Then you'll be able to stream Live TV.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

2 years ago

i am glad i came here i had the same problem has the other person but now i can watch live tv thanks to Tre_Smooth thanks again.

Tre_Smooth

Mentor

• 

55 Messages

2 years ago

Well partner, just doing my part for the awesome AT&T community.

Employee

• 

2 Messages

2 years ago

Please make sure your logging in with U-verse member ID not Access ID.

*I am an AT&T employee, and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.

Employee

• 

2 Messages

2 years ago

Please make sure your using Member ID to log into the U-verse TV app no Access ID.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

2 years ago

Dude omg thank you lol I was trying for so long to figure it out!

Tre_Smooth

Mentor

• 

55 Messages

2 years ago

😆😆 No problem

Contributor

• 

1 Message

2 years ago

I have the same problem with the live TV being disabled. I have gone to ATT web sight and also on my Fire 10 to turn off the parental control. I still can not watch any live channels.

Tutor

• 

8 Messages

2 years ago

I set the pin on the dvr but it still does not work on the app!

Tutor

• 

8 Messages

2 years ago

I did sign in with my email address.  Still makes no difference!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  When you tap live from the app, you get this message at the top:Live TV is disabled de to parental control restrictions.  Parental controls must be updated using the master account.

So...what is the master account and precisely how do I update it once I am there in the "master account"???

Contributor

• 

1 Message

a year ago

Took a whole year for me to find this out! Thank you, I wish they would have informed me!! smh

• 

2 Messages

2 months ago

how can I set up parental controls on the att app or the U-verse app? Please help

• 

2 Messages

2 months ago

how can I set up parental controls through my phone on the U-verse app or the AT&T app?

AT&T TV – All Your Entertainment In One Spot.  Learn more…