joeyglz's profile

Tutor

• 

2 Messages

Thursday, January 11th, 2018 6:39 PM

AT&T THANKS app login fail

I have tried numerous times to login to the AT&T THANKS app but it always comes back with "Uh oh. An error has occurred. Please check back later." I tried at different times. I tried on wifi or on the phone's data. I tried uninstalling and reinstalling the app. I reset my phone. None of this has worked. 

I saw that someone posted somewhere to try logging in using my phone number instead of my user ID. I tried that and that doesn't work either. I was on with AT&T customer service with 4 different people over 2 hours with no resolution. They finally told me to email the developers and gave me the emal [edited for privacy-please do not post personal or unique information such as but not limited to full names, employee ID numbers, email addresses, phone numbers, account numbers, etc.] to contact. I emailed them and never got a response. 

This is ridiculous! It shouldn't be that hard to fix this issue. I can login online and on the myAT&T app with no problems. It's just AT&T THANKS that has this issue. Any help?

Teacher

• 

4 Messages

6 years ago

I have the same exact issue. The app is rated at 2.4 stars and no one at AT&T seems to care that forcing us to use an app for the movie tickets results in this perk being taken away. At least give us back the desktop version.

I  emailed the developer every day and was ignored. Just like this forum is being ignored.

Thanks AT&T. So far the only reward of the app is being able to remember when we could get movie tickets without this non-working app.

Guru

• 

467 Messages

6 years ago

I know some people have issues with the AT&T Thanks app.  Make sure your location services are enabled.  When mine were disabled it worked sometimes, after I enabled it I haven’t had an issue.  There is a way online to redeem the movie tickets.  Go to https://attthanks.att.com/ticket-twosday/redemption.  I hope this helps.

Teacher

• 

4 Messages

6 years ago

Thank you kind person! You have given me a solution that works. I used your link instead of the app log in! I love you for your solution. I've tried everything to make this app work. 

It was driving me crazy that I could not log in!! Now I can go back to the movies. It was so frustrating that every other link that I found redirected back to the non-working app. 

I can't thank you enough!!! 😚🤗

Guru

• 

467 Messages

6 years ago

@WinonaJohnson

You are most welcome!  I am so glad the link worked for you....thank you for your kind post, you made my day!!!

Teacher

• 

4 Messages

6 years ago

You are so welcome! You were so kind to share a solution that works! 🤗👏👏👏

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

6 years ago

If it worked then it doesn't now. 

Guru

• 

467 Messages

6 years ago

@obrien247

Sorry to hear having trouble with the AT&T Thanks app.  I’m sure you’re up to date with the phone and app.  I know this might be a pain, but try logging, or launching, through the AT&T account app.  Also, send a private message to @ATTMobilityCare.  Please note it may take a day or two for a response.

• 

21 Messages

@ATTHelp @ATTMobilityCare it didnt work. still i keep getting msg as Authentication error: Customer profile -1001 unable to retrieve all accounts

Contributor

• 

1 Message

6 years ago

I had the same issue and found another solution to login with the app. I first logged in using a web browser and went through their setup to link my accounts (phone number and username). Once I started the account linking process, I found that there was some other unknown username attached to my account that I wasn’t aware of. I worked with AT&T chat support to remove the unknown account name and finished linking my email and phone number and I was able to login to the AT&T Thanks app without any issues 

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

6 years ago

I have the SAME problem! Also told me to contact developer!!! Really I didn't hire them you did!

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

6 years ago

I had the same problem. But I think I have figured it out (at least for me). What I did was reset my password to a new one that meets their new Password Guidelines. My previous password to created a long time ago and had many symbols in it. Their new password rules don't allow symbols (they only allow _ or - with numbers and letters). So I reset the password that meets these new guidelines and I was allowed to login into the ATT Thanks app. Hope that works for you all too.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.