Skip to main content
AT&T Community Forums
Announcements
The epic new Samsung Galaxy S21 5G is available for preorder now!
F

• 

3 Messages

Sat, Nov 7, 2020 10:07 AM

App authorization

I have Roku TV and have been trying to access apps.  I have a Uverse package and I cannot access all the apps I should be able to.  Some work well, some don't.  The error I get  is about a problem with authorization.  I have cleared cache, deleted and reinstalled the apps, all to no avail.  I have contacted some of the channels involved and when I get a response (which is rare), I am told to delete and reinstall the apps.  I am tired of paying for cable channels that I can't watch the apps for on roku.  Any help?

Responses

gr8sho

ACE - Professor

• 

2.4K Messages

2 months ago

Hello. I’ve seen several posts around this general topic of accessing apps using Uverse credentials.  Does the problem occur on other platforms like a PC browser or mobile device?

Award for Community Excellence 2020 Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

• 

3 Messages

2 months ago

Yes, unfortunately it does.  I can get an authorization on TCM, but when I go to watch a movie online (Edge browser), it won't start and flips back to the menu.  BTW, thanks for trying to help.

gr8sho

ACE - Professor

• 

2.4K Messages

2 months ago

You are welcome.  
The authorization routine is known to have issues.  I see it here very often.  
BTW, I’m not comfortable yet with Edge. If the issue continues to occur with chrome or Firefox, and it still persists over several days, call it in.  They more than likely won’t be able to fix it it, but reporting the trouble is worth the effort.  Call back in a day or two to confirm the account record has been updated.  

*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

• 

3 Messages

2 months ago

I spoke with tech assistance yesterday and got a suggestion.  They referred me to a website to register a new account with my credentials.  I wasnt sure about doing that because i might lose my recordings if i set up a new acct.  The tech said he would check that out and get back to me within an hour.  Im still waiting.............

gr8sho

ACE - Professor

• 

2.4K Messages

2 months ago

You can have multiple email addresses associated with your att account.  That’s part of the challenge managing information these days.  Uverse TV can be setup to accept emails for family members as well.  From this standpoint, the product is very robust.  In practice though it is difficult to stay on top of.  
Irrespective of all this, your recordings will be safe.   

Get started...

Ask a new question