pico111's profile

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

Sunday, April 6th, 2014 5:56 PM

Android U-verse app no longer listing local channels in guide

I have been using the U-verse app on my phone to program my dvr for quite a while.  The guide is no longer listing my local channels (regular or HD).  This is happening on my Samsung S3 app version 3.1.3413 and iPad version 3.2.  I tried uninstalling and reinstalling the app, but the local channels are still not listed.  When I logged in to the website on the internet browser on my phone to try to set up a recording, it listed local channels from another city.  What can I do to get the local channels back on my guide on the app?  

Community Support

• 

1.7K Messages

10 years ago

Hi @pico111,

I apologize for the issues you are having with your app, but I will be glad to help. Since the online sign in appears to be having issues, also, there may be an issue with your profile, and I will be glad to look further into that for you. I will have my team send you a private message to investigate this further.

Thank you,

David T

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

10 years ago

The local channels have reappeared in my guide again. Hopefully, it was just a glitch and they will not disappear again.
Thank you.

Tutor

• 

8 Messages

10 years ago

Hello David T,

I am having this exact same problem - plus another one after the app update.  I updated the UVerse app and now on my Samsung Galaxy 4 the app has no local channels - and while trying to watch live TV, now I am getting an error message stating "An unknown error occurred.  UVM Status Code: UNEXPECTED_BACKEND_RESPONSE_0."  Thus it won't play any "Live TV" channels now for whatever reason?

I am running Android 4.4.2 and my UVerse App is version 3.4.1 Build 3226.  My wife has the exact same phone and the exact same versions of the the Android and Uverse softwares, yet the app works perfectly in her phone via the "Live TV" button to watch live shows - but she has no local TV channels either.  So.....

Please help us get local channels back on both phones and also my app corrected to watch "Live TV" from my phone.  Live TV is essential for football tailgates! Smiley Very Happy

Thank you and please take care,

Nathan

Master

• 

9.8K Messages

10 years ago

@NatronBomb - I would suggest rebooting the DVR and restarting the app.  To reboot the DVR, hold in on the power button for 5 seconds.   The green power light will flash and the reboot procedure will start.  It takes 3-5 minutes, so keep that in mind if the DVR is recording.  To restart the app, go into your phone's main settings area, select apps, find the U-Verse app and select "Force Close."  Then restart the app by selecting it.

The DVR rebooting often fixes issues between your account and the app, the Uverse website, the online Guide (Web Remote App(WRA)) and so on.

Community Support

• 

6.7K Messages

10 years ago

Hi @NatronBomb ,

I apologize about the inconveniences, but I will be glad to help. The information that dhascall provided is great. We actually see it fix a lot of issues. I will also be sending you a private message to gather some account information, so we can make sure everything is right on our end.

-David T

Tutor

• 

8 Messages

10 years ago

Hello @ace - Master,

Thank you for your help but it didn't work.  I did exactly what you said and I am still getting the same error trying to watch "Live TV" and also my local channels are still gone in the app (even while sitting 6 feet from the DVR box in my house.

Any other help?

Thank you!

Nathan

Community Support

• 

6.7K Messages

10 years ago

Hi Nathan, 

It could possibly be an issue with your account profile. I have sent you a private message to discuss this further.

-David T

Tutor

• 

8 Messages

10 years ago

Hello David T,

I replied back via private message just now.  Sorry for the delay.  No, it still does not work, even with following those posted steps above.  It works perfectly on my wife's phone - same phone as mine.

Thank you and if you have any other advice, please let me know,

Nathan

Tutor

• 

18 Messages

9 years ago

Hello

I can't get local channels on my iPad via the uvers app either.  Can you help me?  Thanks, 

Tutor

• 

8 Messages

9 years ago

Unfortunately, they have not fixed this function on the app.  My local channels have went away and not returned.  It FRUSTRATES me that I can't watch the local news on my app!!  We still need some help on this AT&T.....please!!!

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.