Our Community Forums will be closing on June 27, 2024. Please visit uverse.com for all your U-Verse TV support needs.
Get the myAT&T app
spirkle65's profile

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

Wednesday, May 9th, 2018 9:50 PM

Work service EVER!!!

Dear ATT - 

A few weeks ago I set up a service move date to have my cable and internet moved from an apartment i was living in to an apartment i was planning on moving to.  This move date was May 12. On april 30 my service got disconnected in my apartment for no reason.  When a service tech came out he said that this happens "all the time".  On his first visit to my apartment he said he would have to contact someone in the backoffice and then come back to my apartment later that day.  During the 2nd trip to my apartment (which i had to leave work for once again)  i was now told that there was no way to hook my service back up without creating an entirely new account for myself.  After a very long time on the phone with multiple att representatives i was finally assured that my service would be back on at 9:59 PM on april 2.  When i woke up on april 3, suprise no service.  Once again I contacted multiple att representatives and finally one told me that no one ever scheduled a technician to come hook my service up, this was news to me that it required a service tech.  Needless to say the next day not only did i have to leave work to once again deal with this issue but my girlfriend also had to leave work to help me deal with it.  Well eventually (4 days later) ATT finally came through and got me service back.  For an issue that happens "all the time" ATT sure does not know how to fix it very quick.  

Onto the next issue.  When my bill came today, suprise, I have been billed for the same 14 days on both my old account and my new account.  Turns out your representatives NEVER shut my old account off.  I only found this out after being transfered 5 times and on the phone 1+ hrs (still on the phone now).  So I have now paid this months bill on my old account and i have a bill for this month on my new account that includes 14 paid for days, oh and i forgot to mention, you managed to raise my rate by 5 dollars when changing my account over.  

This has been the most painful, frustrating, and disappointing experience I have had to deal with.  I left Comcast because I thought they were incompetitent and thought maybe ATT and do me right.  Unfortuantely there are no other cable companies for me to move to or else I would drop your service immediately.   But rest assured, whenever ATT cable/internet comes up in conversation with anyone i am talking to I will make sure to bring up this disaster of an experience i have had with you all and highly recommend to them they look elsewhere.  

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

6 years ago

@ATTMobilityCare

attmobilitycare

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.