Get the myAT&T app
K

• 

1 Message

Friday, April 16th, 2021 2:03 PM

Why am I being charged for AT&T U-verse services I never received?

I am receiving collection calls for services I never received. My anxiety level is reaching an all time high feeling helpless and victimized. 

• May 2020 a field study indicated high-speed internet was available so we placed an order.  
  • June 3, 2020 tech drilled holes in my wall for installation.  Then discovered my house is just outside the boundaries to receive high speed internet.  He asked if I wanted the available regular speed.  I declined.  I already have that service with Megawatt Communications.  
  • June 24th, 2020 I have been receiving e-mails from AT&T for billing. I called 800-288-2020 spoke with Mark (ref#MS995R). Mark verified services were never started and stated a "report" would be sent to remove the bill and to disregard the e-mails/bills.
  • Date not noted: I received a call (while driving) about returning equipment.  I explained the tech took any equipment with him since the service I ordered was not available.  The caller stated a note would be made.
  • Oct 13,2020 I call AT&T to see if high speed was available yet.  Per Angela, I couldn't start services due to a balance owed.  Explained to Angela services were never started. Angela transferred me to James.  James can't do anything and transfers me to Iris (EDITED) in billing.  Iris states because the service wasn't cancelled I have to pay $207. Requested to speak with a supervisor. Shielan (EDITED) calls me and repeats what Iris already stated.  Request her supervisor.  Jesse (EDITED) calls.  Jesse reiterates what everyone else has said.  There's no "record" of me cancelling and stated techs aren't allowed  to cancel service.  I asked how can AT&T contractually bill me when I've not signed anything.  Jesse reached out to the "Loyalty Dept" however they are refusing to process an adjustment.  Jesse stated he'll submit an escalation request and will call me back the following day.
  • Oct 14, 2020 Russell [EDITED] called...I'm thinking AT&T is finally resolving this issue...No...he's calling from Creedmore Collects asking me to pay $207.89.  He notes I am disputing the charge and states he is sending it back to the client (AT&T).  Once the client validates the charges, collections will call me back he says.
  • 4/15/2021 Haven't heard anything in a while.  Get a call from someone I couldn't understand. Ph#629-262-9863 at 0829 CST attempting to collect a debt.  He will note my account that I am disputing the charges.
  • 4/16/2021 "Donna" calls from ph# 629-262-9950 at 0812 CST attempting to collect a debt.  I explain for the 47th time my situation.  Donna offers me a settlement.  Absolutely not!  I DON'T OWE AT&T MONEY!  "Donna" accepts my "Verbal dispute" and notes the account.

So why am I being charged for services that were never started?  Services AT&T couldn't provide...services not even available at my house?

[EDITED per Community Guidelines]

ACE - Expert

• 

64.7K Messages

3 years ago

Jesse reiterates what everyone else has said.  There's no "record" of me cancelling and stated techs aren't allowed  to cancel service.

I think I would have said there was nothing to cancel since service was never installed. In any event, this forum is not customer support. No one here can answer why you are being charged. It’s time to escalate to corporate. File an FCC or BBB complaint.

Former Employee

• 

32.9K Messages

3 years ago

it seems Donna is working for a collection agency not at&t but at any rate file an FCC complaint and you will receive a call from corporate

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.