When is AT&T Fiber Going to be Available - Things to know from AT&T
When is AT&T Internet coming to my neighborhood? We're Working On It
AT&T Internet is not available in all areas but AT&T is working to change that! Below, you will find information explaining:
- why services may not be available
- other AT&T internet options
- news about AT&T Fiber expansions
Why AT&T Internet is not available
- Distance – AT&T Internet is a distance-dependent service. If you are too far away from the equipment, certain services may not be available. This means your neighbor may have service but your home cannot.
- Equipment is not available – To get service, AT&T Internet equipment has to be in the area. In some instances, it isn't. We do not have information if or when it will be.
- The area is not built for U-verse – some areas are not U-verse ready. The Community team does not have information if or when it will be. Distance and equipment can play a key in instances like this.
- Another competitor services there area - This happens from time to time but it does not mean all services are not available to you. Check out other internet options below!
Note: In order to get higher speeds, you must be within a certain distance of the serving equipment or the equipment must be present in the area. Points 1 and 2 apply in these scenarios. If internet is not available, there are other options.
Gigabit Speeds, When Is It Coming?
If your neighbor has AT&T Fiber, we can research your address to see if it's available. Remember, distance and equipment still play a factor as mentioned above.
Heads Up: Some areas, or homes, may not have AT&T Fiber, yet. There a many factors including those listed above. It can take time to build out areas for fiber so please pardon our dust.
Looking for Fiber for your Neighborhood or Building?
Are you the property owner or represent your neighborhood (HoA president) and want to get AT&T Fiber for your area. Learn more about how to bring fiber to your property.
Other Internet & TV Options
|AT&T Mobile Hot Spots||DIRECTV Satellite Service|
|AT&T Fixed Wireless Internet||AT&T TV NOW|
|AT&T Unlimited &More Plans||WatchTV|
ChrisZ, AT&T Community Specialist
AT&T Customer Care
Need help with an account specific question? Post a new question here on the forums by clicking the "Ask a Question" button.
For additional support, please visit us at our AT&T services hub.
Follow us on: Twitter @ATTHelp