For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Get the myAT&T app
SMicT13's profile

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

Monday, August 4th, 2014 8:47 PM

What the **** is going on with your company? Are there any competent people left?

To Whom It May Concern,

I tried messaging multiple people but I would not let me so.... Now it goes here.

I do not even know where to start! I will go through this whole debacle one last time (hopefully) so I can finally get some answers (again hopefully).

Lets go back to last Wednesday (7/23/14). Last Wednesday is when the majority of the problems originated. I being a loyal AT&T (henceforth refereed to as Satan) Customer decided that I would continue my self imposed serfdom and continue to use Satan as my Internet and TV provider. I called to switch my service to my new address and was greeted by a seemingly nice woman. After I realized that she was confused and did not know how to do her job I asked her to "Forget I called and make NO changes to my account". I thought that was the end of that... boy was I wrong. 

The second time I called Satan was the next day Thursday (7/24/14). I called to once again try and move my service to my new address. I was greeted by a very nice lady named Mercedes? I think... She was very nice and wanted to help however, she was obviously new and had no idea what to do. I could hear her supervisor in the background telling her what to say in response to my questions. She proceed to tell me that my account was to be CANCELLED! What?? Canceled?! On whose authority?! I spoke with the supervisor and she gave me a $10 credit for the inconvenience. She also guaranteed me that the bill would be 106.77 after taxes. I asked her and made her answer YES OR NO to my question of "My bill will be 106.77 AFTER taxes. I will pay 106.77 for the remainder of my contract which ends Oct 1st 2014 YES OR NO???" She answered "YES" I made her answer a yes or no on record because I knew this would not be the end... So I got everything worked out, or so I thought.

This is where my days get jumbled together because I spent the majority of my days talking with various people from your company. Only to get no answers and merry go round resolutions.

I believe the next time I called was Wednesday (7/30/14) I was calling to make sure that I had the right service and number of TV receivers. I was told by the technician (Who was EXTREMELY helpful and awesome! First for your company! He needs a raise and promotion!) that I only had one box on my plan. I called to try and figure out what was going on. I went through 8 supervisors and two disconnects by the end of the day. Every time I get to the part in the conversation where someone is trying to figure out why my bill is wrong I get disconnected. It is mighty weird if you ask me. I was promised a certain credit to my account to silence me and make everything go away. I told him that I did not want to accept the credit if it nullified any past discrepancy. He hung on me. His name was "Terry" supposedly. I then called back and had to battle multiple people to get to a supervisor. His name was "Andy" he told me that I could not get the credit. When I asked him why he said he would need to contact "Terry" and get back to me. He told me that he would call me back after an hour. He never did... I am still waiting for that call!!! 

Thursday (7-31-14) I called to see if I could get some answers or get back with "Andy". I spoke with I think "Mark" (ID: [edited for privacy – please do not post personal information]) he gave me the credit that was promised to me by "Terry". When we went back to the root of the problem and where everybody hangs up on me guess what... We got disconnected! I am still waiting for his return phone call as well!!

Still Thursday (7-31-14) I called a new number to see if I could get somebody helpful for once. I called  this time and sat on hold for 10 mins. Then a lady names "Shanari" (ID: [edited for privacy – please do not post personal information]) answered and said that the system was updating that I had to call back later. I asked her how I should file a formal complaint. She did not have a clue at first. She put me on hold and asked somebody. She then came back with a new phone number  . I asked her again is this the number for filing a formal complaint about the company and she assured me it was. I hung up with her and called the number she gave me. I spoke with a guy named "Aydin [edited for privacy – please do not post personal information]" he asked what the problem was and I went through the ordeal AGAIN!. He then asked "What do you want me to do about it?" I said is this the complaint department? He said no it is BILLING..... WHAT. THE. [Edited to comply with Guidelines]????? 

Turns out that you do not have a complaint department and I am not the first person to be swindled by Satan. 

I have been waiting weeks to get this issue resolved and figure out what is going on. I have had the worst experience with customer service possible. I wouldn't even consider these people to be real at this point. I am sure the names and ID numbers I was given are either incorrect or more than likely random numbers off the top of their heads. The people I have had the displeasure of speaking with are beyond INCOMPETENT! 

This is not the whole story but what I can remember at the time of writing this complaint. I feel completely and utterly abandoned and wronged by your company. 

You have my recorded phone conversations I know you do. Like I mentioned earlier. I have requested the phone conversation recordings from EVERY phone conversation I have had. I would like now to request EVERY SINGLE RECORDING. From start to finish of this whole ordeal.

Please let me talk to somebody who is semi intelligent and can make decisions!!!

I NEED ANSWERS!! NOW!!

ACE - Professor

• 

2.6K Messages

10 years ago

You can send a private message to the escalation team at ATT Customer Care and someone will get in touch with you in two to three business days to help you get a resolution to your problems.

To check for their reply, click the little blue envelope. envelope.png

1 Attachment

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

10 years ago

I tried that multiple times earlier and it would not let me. I tried again and it went through!

Teacher

• 

13 Messages

10 years ago

SMicT13,

I came on to this Community site in hopes of finding a "person of authority's" phone number to see if I could break the logjam of incompetent "help" I've received. Then I saw your post, and want to thank you for reporting most of the problems I've also encountered in trying to simply move my services from one address to another, a four-mile distance.

I've spent at least twenty hours (I could figure it out but I get too angry) on phone and Chats trying to make a simple switch of service address and then cleaning up after these people's ineptitude. I, too, have been hung up on (dropped call), promised a call back with none forthcoming, not received information about my account though practically begging for it, and been unable to get a simple email sent to me so I could have written verification of my billing and account.  

My saga began at the end of May. I copy and keep all online AT&T Chats as I know I will need to refer back. On the phone I make as many notes for myself as possible, and try to get some type of confirmation number. Doesn't matter: Even after discontinuing my U-Verse subscription I am still fighting to be free of this company's incompetent hostage-taking. The latest is in the form of a bill (which should have been $00.00) for $300 because I didn't return the two modems/routers--I had never received any notice of the need to do so. On an almost one-hour chat yesterday I was told by a supervisor that I could just take the modems to UPS Store for return.

I went to UPS Store yesterday and with incredible efficiency and courtesy the person there took one of my modems and my account number, and would pack up and return to AT&T. But...he apologized for the fact that my other modem/router was one of two that could not be returned via UPS Store.

So today, in order to find out how to return AT&T’s NVG510 modem (charged $150 for on bill and available on their store site for $100), at 1:50 PDT I started hanging out on the Chat line, waiting for a Champion Award-Winning agent. A warning stated that none were available, but at 2:25, the site said an Agent was available! At 2:27 (nearly 40 min into wait) nothing was happening and part of the chat screen had disappeared, so I reloaded via right-click. Then the screen jumped around and my Chat had been dropped.

As I was comfortable reading War and Peace, and knew I could get through it before talking to an agent, I once again started a chat  and at 2:50 a Start Chat button was available and I clicked it -- yep, Chat gone again. Phone calls no help, I’ve waited on hold until finally giving up.

Anyway, if anyone has a Contact number or email for someone who has actually been of help at AT&T, I’d appreciate having it.

In the meantime, I will be sending a copy of this email to the consumer reporter at Los Angeles Times who manages to get action on this type of problem. I’ll also be placing a complaint with the FTC (Fed Trade Commission). And if my credit card is billed for the modem I can’t figure out how to return, Visa will also be jumping in.

From my Chat with Supervisor Winston:

Me: Thank you for your help with this. I realize you are not responsible for all that has happened around this issue. I am, however, through with contacting AT&T. If I am charged for any additional amount I will go to the FTC and the Los Angeles Times consumer reporter with all that has occurred.

Winston: I would request you to return the equipment at the earliest.

Best of Luck,

Linda

ACE - Expert

• 

14.2K Messages

10 years ago

@leilani1941 wrote:

SMicT13,

I came on to this Community site in hopes of finding a "person of authority's" phone number to see if I could break the logjam of incompetent "help" I've received. Then I saw your post, and want to thank you for reporting most of the problems I've also encountered in trying to simply move my services from one address to another, a four-mile distance.

I've spent at least twenty hours (I could figure it out but I get too angry) on phone and Chats trying to make a simple switch of service address and then cleaning up after these people's ineptitude. I, too, have been hung up on (dropped call), promised a call back with none forthcoming, not received information about my account though practically begging for it, and been unable to get a simple email sent to me so I could have written verification of my billing and account.  

My saga began at the end of May. I copy and keep all online AT&T Chats as I know I will need to refer back. On the phone I make as many notes for myself as possible, and try to get some type of confirmation number. Doesn't matter: Even after discontinuing my U-Verse subscription I am still fighting to be free of this company's incompetent hostage-taking. The latest is in the form of a bill (which should have been $00.00) for $300 because I didn't return the two modems/routers--I had never received any notice of the need to do so. On an almost one-hour chat yesterday I was told by a supervisor that I could just take the modems to UPS Store for return.

I went to UPS Store yesterday and with incredible efficiency and courtesy the person there took one of my modems and my account number, and would pack up and return to AT&T. But...he apologized for the fact that my other modem/router was one of two that could not be returned via UPS Store.

So today, in order to find out how to return AT&T’s NVG510 modem (charged $150 for on bill and available on their store site for $100), at 1:50 PDT I started hanging out on the Chat line, waiting for a Champion Award-Winning agent. A warning stated that none were available, but at 2:25, the site said an Agent was available! At 2:27 (nearly 40 min into wait) nothing was happening and part of the chat screen had disappeared, so I reloaded via right-click. Then the screen jumped around and my Chat had been dropped.

As I was comfortable reading War and Peace, and knew I could get through it before talking to an agent, I once again started a chat  and at 2:50 a Start Chat button was available and I clicked it -- yep, Chat gone again. Phone calls no help, I’ve waited on hold until finally giving up.

Anyway, if anyone has a Contact number or email for someone who has actually been of help at AT&T, I’d appreciate having it.

In the meantime, I will be sending a copy of this email to the consumer reporter at Los Angeles Times who manages to get action on this type of problem. I’ll also be placing a complaint with the FTC (Fed Trade Commission). And if my credit card is billed for the modem I can’t figure out how to return, Visa will also be jumping in.

From my Chat with Supervisor Winston:

Me: Thank you for your help with this. I realize you are not responsible for all that has happened around this issue. I am, however, through with contacting AT&T. If I am charged for any additional amount I will go to the FTC and the Los Angeles Times consumer reporter with all that has occurred.

Winston: I would request you to return the equipment at the earliest.

Best of Luck,

Linda

I believe the NVG510 is purchased by the customer and, thus, doesn't need to be returned. 

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.